Chapter 27 - London

Tarra's POV

Why am I so nervous? There's no reason to be.

Oh, bar the fact you're seeing the guy you love for the first time in months!

I inwardly scowl at my subconcious, but I know its right. I'm too proud, though, to let Luke get the idea I'm shit without him. I need to prove I'll be okay.

I spot Lia and Alyx getting their luggage and I grab mine, all three of us getting off the plane and greeting the warm London air with a smile.

"You okay?" Lia whispers and I hesitantly nod.

I lied.

Alyx gives me a reassuring smile and we walk into the building.

"Jake texted me," Lia says, slipping her phone into her pocket. "They're at Starbucks."

I nod and we make our way past crowds of people. My stomachs on fire. I feel like I'm going to faint. I don't want to see him, I can't.

Suddenely, the Starbucks logo comes into view and Lia gives me a look. I feel guilty, as she's in the same situation as me, but yet I'm the only one getting anxious looks. Wow, I'm a great friend.

As we near the shop, I run up to Lia and Alyx and tap my best friend on the shoulder.

"How are you?" I ask, genuinly concerned. She gives me a smile, but theres hurt behind her green eyes.

"I'm doing shit, but I'll be okay."

"Thats my girl." I laugh and she giggles.

But her breath hitches in her throat when we see a familiar group of boys, all looking at us.

Oh, no.

Lia stiffens, but is quick to relax when Jake gets up and wraps her frame in his. I wish I had a brother.

And soon enough, all the boys are greeting us. But I notice Luke is keeping his distance. I don't even know how he got more attractive since I last saw him.

He's wearing skinny jeans with a red flannel, his blonde hair quiffed up, like always. Simple yet strongly effective.

After I pull away from Michael's embrace, I'm met with him.

"T-Tarra," he chokes, tears welling up in his gorgeous blue eyes. And I know now, that I'm a goner. I can't stay away from him.

"Luke," I sob and run into his arms, melting under his touch. He buries his head in my neck as my legs wrap around his waist.

"I love you, Tarra. I'm so sorry." He cries.

"Its okay. We'll be okay." I respond, pulling away. "I love you, Luke."

He smiles his beautiful smile, his dimples showing. "I love you more." He grins before connecting our lips.

I open my eyes for a second, but it gave me enough time to see Ashton talking to Lia.

I just hope they'll be okay.

___________________

Lia's POV

"Good to see you, lil' sissy," Jake chuckles as he pats my head. I elbow him in the stomach, causing Michael to laugh.

"We've missed you, kiddo." Calum says and the four of us all hug.

When we pull away, I notice Michael eyeing Alyx up immediately. "I'm guessing I'm looking at the one and only I-G-G-Y." Michael smirks and Alyx is already blushing. They begin talking to eachother, and I can tell already, they've hit it off.

I continue talking to Calum and Jake, the three of us catching up on news and whatnot, until my eyes fall on Ashton. I can't deny he looks handsome with his sandy curls held in place by a bandana, stubble covering his chin. But I can't afford to let my feelings wash over me. Now is not the time.

"Lia," he coughs. I must have beem staring at him for too long. But he goes on, anyways. "Can we talk?"

Jake gives me a "be-careful" look and I weakly smile at him, before walking over to Ashton.

"Hi." I simply say, but inside I feel like an idiot.

He cheated. Not you.

"Hey." He smiles, his gorgeous dimples popping out. "How are you?"

I sigh. "Not good, you?"

"Shit, without you." He says honestly. I almost smile, but stop myself.

"Ash, I can't.." I trail off. He takes my small hand in his large one, looking me in the eye.

"I know. But I can't lie, pretending I'm okay."

"Then you shouldn't have done what you did." I snap back. He looks taken aback, and I feel guilty.

"I'm sorry-"

"No, I'm sorry, Lia. You're right. And theres nothing I can do to make things better. But I hope you know I still care for you deeply. More than any other girl I've come across."

Theres something in his voice that makes me believe him, but I hesitate. Ashton notices and decided to change the subject.

"Look at Luke and Tarra," he says, pointing to where the two of them are, both of them holding onto eachother for dear life. I sigh in relief. "Thank God they're okay."

"Yeah."

An awkward silence developes over the two of us, but its quickly broken. Not by me, though.

"Lia," my name rolls off his tounge like a treasure.

"I'll do anything again to get us back on the right track. Even if its just-"

"Friends. Just friends." I finish for him. I want more with him, but just not now.

"Of course. And hopefully, I can earn your trust again" He says.

I get up from my chair, and to Ashton's surprise, I bend down and kiss his cheek. His face is now tinged a light pink colour, and he smiles.

"I'm a tough cookie. You're gonna find it hard to crack me." I smirk, turning around to walk away.

But just when Ashton thinks I'm out of earshot, I hear him mutter.

"We'll see about that, Lia Mills."

_____________________________________

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE oOOOOoOOOO

Idk what to say here because I've said everything I wanted to say in the last chapter so yeah, DON'T FORGET I LOVE YOU ALL V.MUCH :)

Vote and Comment you sexy people.

Leah x