Chapter 33

Niall's POV

*next day*

Well, atleast Ashton returned safely last night.

He came home, piss drunk infront of everyone. It was really funny, actually. He kept trying to jump on top of Lia and cuddle her. She nearly spat out her drink from laughing so hard.

I decided that today would be a good day to talk to him about some things. He's probably going to be hungover as hell, but I need to talk to him. The conversation I had with Lia yesterday showed me how much they need eachother, and although I only met her, I want to see her happy.

"Ashton, buddy," I say, getting his attention. Lia's head snaps up from her book and she makes eye contact with me, and I give her a nod.

"Can we talk in my room for a bit?"

Ashton gives me a funny look, but nods curtly. I get up and beckon him to follow me. Once we're inside, I close the door firmly and ruffle my hair.

"Whats this about?" Ashton questions, sitting on the bed. I share a room with Harry, so I sit on my bed across from Ashton.

"I'm sorry if I'm intruding, but I can't help feel like theres something going on between you and Lia."

Although I know the answer, I want to hear Ashton's perspective on this. But he looks at me with disgust.

"Whats it to you, Horan?" He spits.

I chuckle lowly. "Ashton, I don't like the girl who belongs to you. Shes really pretty and nice, but I don't do shit like that."

Ashton raises an eyebrow. "Alright, Niall. How can I be so sure?"

"I'm not an idiot to know you like this girl. Since when have you slammed doors over a meagre kiss? She means something to you. Deal with it."

I glance at the tanned boy, him fiddling with his fingers. He intakes a sharp breathe.

"I'm just so confused, Niall. I'm so foreign to all this."

"Tell me everything, Ashton. I won't judge."

He weakly smiles.

"Well, you've seen her right? Dark hair, bright eyes. A perfect body and a no-nonsense personality. Any guys ideal one night stand type of girl. Only, little did I know, I was really wrapped round her baby finger since the day I met her. I don't know why I hated her. She was trying to be nice, and apparently I inspired her, but I was pushing her away. I don't get latched to girls. It doesn't happen."

"But she got me, good lord she got me. And asking her out came so naturally, although the nerves were eating me from the inside. She's beautiful, talented, intelligent, and a down-right genuine person. The complete opposite as to what I'd be attracted to. And I screwed it up. Big time."

Ashton gulps, and I watch him closely.

"I don't know what happened with me. It's no excuse, but I just don't. Why would I cheat on her with my ex? Lia has everything, Jess just had a pretty face. I fucked up so badly, and I still can't forgive myself. And when Lia left the tour, I was beyond broken. Jake couldn't look me in the eye and Calum was so pissed off. Still don't blame them for it, though."

He's crying now.

"I'm just a messed-up person, Niall. Someone who doesn't deserve someone like Lia. I don't even know how she agreed to be friends with me again. She's changed my outlook on everything now, and I'm thankful. Fuck being the ideal one night stand girl. She's my ideal girl. But I was too late to realise it."

Ashton raises his blood-shot eyes to mine.

"I love her so goddamned much, Niall."

I slowly nod, taking in everything he's just confessed. These two are really made for eachother, but they have a lot of problems to sort out.

"You made a huge mistake, Ash," I say. "And I can't say anything, but keep trying. You'll get there in the end."

Ashton looks at me, confusement engraved all over his face. I gave him a hint, but I said I can't say anything. I just shrug.

He opens his mouth to say something, but is quickly interrupted by the door bursting open, a sobbing Lia entering the room.

"My mum's in the hospital."

_________________________________

A/N: oh god. This really is a troubled chapter:'(

~Leah x