Beetlejuice at the Tony's (AdamDriver x Reader)

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is September 15, 2020. I'm sorry I've been absent; my grandfather was diagnosed with Stage 2 cancer and I'm taking it very hard. Writing is what keeps me happy, and the friends I've made on this platform keep negative feelings away, but it's not like someone can give me a hug right now. On a brighter note, I'm going through my Beetlejuice phase again, and the performance at the Tony's where BJ calls out Adam gave me some inspo, so hear you go.

Please watch the video before reading this. Thank you.

FYI: Y/n is Beetlejuice in the new gender-bent Broadway musical "Beetlejuice". Y/n also is engaged to Adam Driver, who obviously knows shes on Broadway but is not aware that she is performing.

 Y/n also is engaged to Adam Driver, who obviously knows shes on Broadway but is not aware that she is performing

This is your red carpet outfit.

Y/n and Adam slink into the building and away from the red carpet hand in hand. "You know," Adam begins, "you really look quite beautiful. You amaze me."

Y/n blushes as he presses a kiss to her temple. They greet Oscar Isaac and John Boyega on their way to their seats.

Daisy Ridley pops up. "Y/n! I saw you in Beetlejuice a few nights ago, and oh my god! The genderswap was perfect, I couldn't get over how good everyone was, especially you! You looked amazing and sounded even better," she gushes.

Y/n blushes even deeply. "Do you know who I am? I'm nothing compared to you! You wanna see some real talent; look in the mirror, babe."

"Be quiet, I can act, but you can sing, dance, AND act. You're a triple threat."

"If you girls are done flirting, the shows about to start," Adam pipes up. 

The lights dim and people settle into their seats. James Corden delivers a witty and hilarious opening. 

Y/n shakes her leg in anticipation of the surprise number she will be performing with her cast. She hadn't told Adam about her performance; she really wanted to have a funny surprise for him.

A good 30ish minutes into the show, a crew member motions to her. She nods and leans over to Adam. "I need to use the restroom. I think I got my period," she whispers.

He looks at her worringly. "Are you ok? Do you need me to help you?" He strokes her arm. She chuckles softly.

"No, I should be okay."

Y/n gets up and sneaks off. The minute she's out of sight, she tugs off her high heels and bolts backstage, unzipping her dress and shrugging into her genderbent Beetlejuice costume. She greets her castmate Finn Wolfhard, who plays Lidi (Lydia). He's dressed in an all black tux.

She's dressed in a skin tight red romper, thigh-high black boots, a black and white striped coat, and a black choker

She's dressed in a skin tight red romper, thigh-high black boots, a black and white striped coat, and a black choker. Tying her h/c hair up, she puts her wig cap on first, then her neatly groomed green wig, with perfect curls cascading down her back and shoulders.

"You ready, kid?"

He nods and grins at her. "Let's do this."

"As BJ would say, 'It's Showtime'".

The ensemble takes their places onstage, although the show starts behind the scenes with the cast singing the beginning of "Day-O".

The travel from backstage to a lift taking them onstage. Y/n sneaks around with a bowl of popcorn and takes her marked seat. 

She spots Adam nervously glancing over his shoulder, searching for Y/n.

The spotlight whirls around to face her. She immediatly snaps into character. "Holy crap. I'm on live tv!" She says in her lowered, gruff voice.

Adam whirls around at the sound of her voice. Music begins to flood the theater. 

"Hey folks! I'm at the Tony's! Hangin' with my Broadway homies. Hold onto your Patti Leponie's. C'mon, let's start! It's the whole being dead ting!" She gestures to her body, which is covered in a light green tint. 

She saunters down the aisle, continuing to sing the modified version of the opening song. Passing Adam, who's jaw has dropped, Y/n shoots him a sly wink. 

She climbs up on the stairs. "And yeah, I sing like this 8 shows a week."

Embedded in the lyrics are a great many jokes, so people are laughing and clapping at the clever incorporations. 

Y/n skips across the stage. "Death is gonna come to everyone you know," she sings, "so instead of being terrified, just, be more YOLO!" She throws a gang sign at the audience. 

Singling out her fiancee, she sings the line she snuck in for him. "Adam Driver! You killed Han Solo! That's not cool, bro. The whole being dead thing!" She blows him a kiss before throwing herself on the coffin and belting. 

Adam's reaction was confused, but he is slowly dissolving into laughter. 

"The scenery is fake here, but there's a giant snake here!" Y/n belts while pointing to the humongous animatronic snake. She also gives stink-eye to the audience, who laugh in response, due to Beetlejuice just having lost Best Set Design. 

With a few more verses, she concludes the song, holding out one final note, embelishing her talent with her runs and vibrato. 

Adam stands up, clapping and whooping loudly. 

\--/

Y/n cuddles up to Adam, resting her head on his chest and absentmindly drawing lazy circles on his abdomen. 

"Every single day, you find some way to amaze me more and more with your talent, compassion and beauty. That performance was incredible."

"I love my job so much and couldn't miss an opprotunity to call you out on live tv," Y/n snickers quietly. 

"I love you, Y/n."

"I love you, too, Adam."