Chapter twenty eight:

Start from the beginning

~Serenity's point of view~

"Pull it then" I said, covering my ears. He did and the piercing shrieks of the fire siren went off, bursting my ear drums and screaming bloddy murder. I gave Jeremy the thumbs up and we watched the garden camera's as the pack dispersed from the house, Bennett tightly grasping Rosemarie's hand, Dimitri in tow, mother's holding their children's hands firmly and the clear water's panicking as they left the building. All the while my wolf watched observantly as they all filed out. I frowned when her prescence remained. Leah sat behind us, clicking her fingers on the wooden desk, she joined us when Bennett warned her of the 'practise' fire alarm. She'd demanded to stay in his office rather than go out in the cold with everyone else and so she stayed here. "Well?" she asked, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "What?" I asked, snarling at her. She blanched. "Well, what are you waiting for, call them back in!"

He sent daggers into him with his eyes and returned them to the screen. I laughed to myself. "Well, she's either in the bathroom, out there and we missed her or it's Leah" I said, choking on my laughter. He turned to face me and smirked at me sinisterly. My laughter dimmed under that stare. "Why... Why are you looking at me like that?" his smirk grew by leaps and bounds. "They're the only options you thought of?" I frowned. "Yes" he rolled his eyes and I realized what line of thought he was on. "Well Leah's still in here" I demanded attention be brought to my past Luna as she sat staring intently at her filed nails. "Leah get your ass up and out of this house" ordered Jeremy, she got up, scowling as she did and we watched her exit on the camera's. He frowned when all stayed the same. "Bennett told me he cleared the bathrooms" he said, still continuing with his train of thought from previously. "And? Is she out there or have we some how missed her" he stared at me profusely. "It's not me!" I demanded. "Prove it" he demanded. "How?" I said, glaring. "Go outside" I rolled my eyes. "It's not me" I repeated. "Prove it" he retorted. "Fine I will and when I'm right you owe me a smoothie, understand?" he grinned. "Understood" I got up from my chair and rolled my eyes as I went past each camera I knew he was watching. I swore at one, completely hating him at this point in time. Once I got outside the door I rolled my eyes.

We stood outside for approximately ten minutes before Jeremy declared the house 'safe' to enter and we all made our way inside. I hurrief back to the office and found the door opened by just a crack, I peeped inside and saw Jeremy drinking whisky from a tumbler glass, for the love of god! I came through the door and snatched the glass from him. "What the hell?" I screamed at him, all the modesty I'd ever had going out of the window. I set the glass down and glared at him. He smiled at me and then attempted to get up from his seat, he'd clearly already drank a lot by now because as he made his way to my side he stumbled over nothing as it would seem.

"I found my mate" he declared. "And so you drank yourself silly?!" he nodded. "Yes, yes I did" I let out a low growl. "Well? Who is it then? Let me go shake the girl's hand that she's caused you to drink this much!" he whinced under my cold uncaring tone.

"That wouldn't quite work babe because you can't shake your own hand" I stood glaring at him in frustration. Babe? What the hell? "Get to the point because I'm not seeing it" I demanded. He came closer to me, invading my personal space, he cupped my face in his hands "You honey pie are my mate" he said, breathing his alcohol tainted breath into my face. I wrinkled my nose in disgust. "Jeremy would you stop playing games? Who is it?" he frowned, becoming all serious as I stepped away from him, putting space between us. "It's you. Why don't you believe me?"

I sighed. "Because, beta's don't mate with omega's, okay? Now I'm going to sleep" she left the office with tear stained cheeks and my wolf refused to let her go. I chased after her, soon catching up to her, I grabbed her by the arm and in a misjudgement of my strength I slammed her into the wall. She yelped and looked up at me with a pained grimace. Her voice wavered as she spoke "Jeremy, your scaring me. Please-" she choked on her own tears "Please, let me go" she pleaded. I released her arms and saw faint marks on them from my hands. My wolf whimpered: We hurt our mate. I growled at him and he fell silent. We did not hurt her, you and your temper did. I retorted.

"Serenity, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry" she shook her head at me, refusing to listen to my apologies. "No. If you want me to forgive you then you've got another thing coming, now I'm going to bed" she pulled away from me and ran to her room. My wolf whimpered even more. This is all our fault. He said with his head resting between his paws. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I know... I know... I'm a terrible mate. I said to him with another sigh.

She hates me. I said still sighing.

~Serenity's point of view~

I slammed my door behind me and fell to the ground, my back firmly pressed against the door. The tears pressed at my eyes, burning them slightly and when I choked on my own fear of Jeremy's outburst I felt them fall down my cheeks. I hugged my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. I heard a knock at the door and I waited for the voice that was bound to follow. "Serenity? It's Rosemarie, let me in!" I stumbled to my feet and opened the door cautiously. She gave me a comforting smile and when she knew I was okay entered my room with open arms. I crossed the space between us and she held me in a gentle embrace. "I saw you run past my room crying, I thought I should check on you" she said, looking down on me from her already tall height made even taller by the heels she insisted on wearing.

"Yeah... I'm Jeremy's mate..." I admitted. She offered me a kind smile. "Well then child, why are you crying? That's great news." I shook my head in protest. "I know it is... But well when I denied what was obvious to all of us with the exception of me he hurt me and scared me..." she gave me a weak smile. "Why child I've had two mates in my time and look at me, I'm fine" I smiled weakly at her. "What was it like for you?" she rolled her eyes. "Well the first one took me from a bar in my birthplace and I fell instantly in love with him and well the other... we met one day before our wedding, it was planned by the council and we didn't plan a thing, we introduced ourselves and then the next day we were wed, let me just say walking down the aisle twice is by far my oddest experience and the worst part was, he's a werewolf but I learned to love him and I do now. And you will love your's" I sighed. "Rose, I'm tired, I'll try and talk with Jeremy tomorrow but I'm not promising anything, good night luna" she smiled. "Good night Serenity" she left the room smiling at me.

~Rosemarie's point of view~

I went to Bennett's office and logged the laptop out, I sat at his desk, put my head in my hands and let out a sigh. Something caught me eye, earlier today I'd brought the pack's letters in here for Bennett to hand out later. One of them was addressed to me...specifically. I took it from the pile and opened it with ease. I quickly read it's contents.

I grabbed my car keys and ran outside. Bennett in tow. "Rose! Where are you going?" I sighed and turned to face him. "I have to go to supernatural headquaters to see my doctor" he frowned. "Why?"

****************************************************************************

(A/N) okay so I promised my friend I wouldn't update but well I had to, I constantly get asked to upload and now I have. Believe me Mariyah I am sorry! *Bites my lip, whispers to my over readers* don't tell her... but I'm not. I love updating. :)

Please fan, vote, comment and enjoy.

The song for this chapter is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=ef7rMzR-Zf0

Alice by Avril Lavigne

Goodbye