Chapter thirty seven:

~Rosemarie's point of view~

I had a week. A week until this god forsaken pregnancy was over. All the while I was on tenter hooks just thinking about who the father could be: Dimitri or Bennett. Even the genetics inherited couldn't tell me who the father was, although Dimitri was only vampire I was still hybrid, meaning the children would be a mix of genetics anyway. I sighed my discontempt. Serenity's eyes were trained on me. "What is it that worries you luna?" I sighed again. "Nothing, I guess it's just that I'm tired, three thousand years of life were eventually going to catch up with me" she gave me a weak smile "I'll leave you alone if you wish to rest" I looked up, finally meeting her kind eyes "Wouldn't you mind?" she giggled softly. "No. Sweet dreams luna" I sighed. "Good night Serenity" she gave me a dismissive smile and left.

The next morning I was up bright and early. I let out a gut wrenching scream as I felt the first contraction. Bennett came running. "What's wrong?" I couldn't even answer him because another unwanted scream escaped my lips. The next people to come were Jeremy, Serenity and Dimitri. Dimitri was usually a mask of composure, calm and collected and I couldn't even tell what he was thinking, but now well I could. He was scared for me.

Dimitri's expression became contorted with worry and understanding. "She's in labour" at his decloration Bennett became washed of all colour. I heard him mutter "Santa maria ayudarnos" I knew what it meant. 'Saint Maria, help us' I shuddered and unwillingly let another scream escape my lips. Serenity had frozen on the spot and Jeremy looked like he might faint. Dimitri helped me go to my room. Bennett in tow and Jeremy and Serenity following, finally out of their trance like states.

Jeremy told Bennett he felt sick and Bennett dismissed him, Serenity also asked for a dissmissal and he agreed. Dimitri stayed by my side, a concerned and calculating gaze locked on my own, I rejoiced as the next contraction came, it wasn't nearly as painful as the others'. Dimitri offered me his hand and I took it, he gritted his teeth and smiled at me although he was probably in pain from my grip. I let out an eardrum smashing scream as the next painfully hell bent contraction came. Dimitri winced as my grip grew tighter. Bennett told me to take deep steady breaths. Dimitri stared at him in disbelief. "You're kidding right? She's in so much pain she can barely breathe as it is!" Bennett glared at him and went to get towels and hot water, reminding me once more to keep my breathing steady. "Have you told him?" Dimitri asked me in a hushed tone. I knew what he was asking, could these kids be his and had I told Bennett this knowledge. I gritted my teeth and shook my head. He gave me a melancholy smile. "Are they mine?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders as I felt utterly helpless. "But why... would they be werewolf if they are mine?" he asked. I sighed. I'd kept this secret long enough. I'd never told anyone, not even my maker. "Dimitri, for three thousand years I've kept this secret, I never thought it would come out, but now I guess I have to tell you" he stared at me in shock. "W-what?" he stuttered. "Dimitri, I'm part werewolf."

****************************************************************************

(A/N) so I think I will be doing a sequel. Name suggestions please! :) I love writing this book for you all. I can now reveal that Leah will be returning. Soon, very very soon. But I cannot reveal when.

Please fan, vote, comment and enjoy. I do care what you all think.

Send me any suggestions.

The song for this chapter is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=Ga4EoqAFvtk

Never say never by The Fray

Goodbye