Chapter fourty nine:

~Cheyenne's point of view~

My mum knew. About the girl that is. I could feel it in my bones. Call it woman's intuition or whatever but I knew it. And she wasn't mad... Why? Hm. He hasn't told her everything, definitely not. Otherwise she would be mad. Very mad indeed. I had a dying urge to tell her, but Dimitri kept his word and my family had this whole big thing about honour. Typical!

I had paused in painting, to be honest I hadn't known what I had been painting but now when I looked up I saw an exact replica of my parents, smiling as they should always, without a care in the world... I sighed, setting down my paint brush. I listened intently. Right, left, left. I sprinted full speed taking those directions and came metres within my mother, I continued running and she caught me in her arms. "Hey sweetie how's your painting?" she asked me. I giggled. "It's finished. Come see it" I wiggled out of her arms and took her hand, my own tiny one fit perfectly in hers. I hastily ran back to my canvas and then looked up at the woman who brought me into this mysterious world. She looked proud, yet there were tears in her eyes.

"Mother? I don't understand... What is this emotion?" I frowned. "Joy" she said. "This... Is beautiful" she said, I'd never seen her happier. "Thank you. And since dad can't even paint a tree I'm assuming I got my talent from you" she nodded and laughed. "Yeah, your dad's good with music and I'm good at everything else" I laughed then yawned. "That is very true indeed mother" she gave me a contemplative eye brow raise and looked at the clock. "Okay well it's bed time my little monster" I nodded my agreement and felt me get taken into her arms. I rested my head on her shoulder and felt my eye lids press together. I stifled another yawn.

I felt my mattress and duvet before hearing my mother kiss my cheek and her soft lips leave a faint linger of lipstick there. "Sweet dreams darling" and her leaving the room afterwards.

~Rosemarie's point of view~

I went back to Bennetts office where the art stuff had been set up. My eyes again found the painting of me and Bennett. It was like looking in a mirror. I got out a new canvas out and my acrylic paints. The smell of them was strong but bearable. I wasn't painting with a real target but I knew that it would be something from what I saw in my day to day life.

I was brought out of my serene state when arms snaked around my waist and soft delicate kisses were trailed down my neck. Without asking I knew who it was. Bennett. Without looking I kissed him on the cheek in response. I carried on painting with his arms around me. When I finished he spoke. "Is that me?" I looked at the beautiful wolf I had painted. Honey eyes. Athletic physique. Black fur. Howling up at a full moon. The sky was a midnight blue and scattered with stars. Like a stereo typical wolf it stood on a cliff, a knowing glint in it's eyes and it's lips curled almost as though it was smiling.

"Yes, it is you" he struggled for words. "It's... I... Love it" I turned around and circled his neck with my arms. I was bare foot so I stood on my tip toes and grazed his lips with mine. "Why thank you darling. Where's Gabe?" he smiled. "Bed, he's out like a light" I laugh softly and he takes me in his arms bridal style.

He takes me to our room and sets me down we Change into our pyjamas. "This may have been the easiest day we've had with those children" I declared. He chuckled and without seeing him I knew he was running his hand through his hair. "Definitely" he agreed.

"Does it get easier?" I turned to face him. "Hm?" he gave me a wan smile "You know? Does it get easier, having kids?" I nodded. "Yeah. Sapphire was... Human but then she'd always been an extraordinary child" he laughed. "Ours are as well" I agreed with a smile smile.

"Well, I'm going to take Cheyenne and Gabe to see their grand parents tomorrow. And you have a pack meeting. So good night" he chuckled. "I love you Rose" I smiled to myself. "I love you too Bennett."

************************************************************************************

(A/N) two updates. God when was the last time I did that. lol.

Please fan, vote & comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=XZTDxz5dCZg

I wish I was a punk rock girl with flowers in my hair by Sandi Thom

Goodbye