Chapter eighteen:

~Dimitri's point of view~

She was asleep when I went to check on her - out like a light she was. I've never seen someone look so peaceful. From the smile on her youthful face I knew she was dreaming. It was obvious. I set her tea down on her bed side counter and sat down next to her, I was seldom worried about Rosemarie, but this was one of those times I was. If she lost this baby mid-way through the pregnancy it would destroy her. She'd been in pieces when our child had died and if this one did, it'd be the end of her. I promised her when she left for her honey moon that if Bennett did anything to her she was to tell me, whether that meant she wanted my protection or comforting words in general I didn't mind. But I just couldn't see her hurt, not now, not ever...

She was mine. Not his. Bennett may be a great man and love Rosemarie to pieces but she always has and always will be mine. She stirred and her piercing sapphire eyes fluttered open to look up into my own brown ones. "Morning" she yawned, strecthing her arms and sitting up. She looked at the tea and raised a finely plucked eye brow at me. "Doctor says no coffee during pregnancy" she rolled her eyes and picked up the china cup. Sipping the tea she let out a sigh of contentment. "I haven't tasted tea in years" I smiled. "Your's was always best" she complimented. "Do you miss it?" I asked abruptly. "Miss what?" she inquired. I sighed and ran a hand through my shoulder length hair that fell loose today. "Being 'human' considering you were already a hybrid" she smiled and let out another sigh "Everyday" I averted my eyes from hers, if I stared much longer I knew I'd lose all my self control and kiss her. "I'm sorry" I apologised profusely. She smiled. "My dear maker, what for?" she asked, her smile dimming slightly. "For changing you into something that would've happened to you anyway. If I would've just left you, those few more months... you'd have never met me, you'd have a better life" she shook her head in disbelief "No Dimitri you couldn't have gave me anything better than this life" I stroked her cheek in a carress and smiled. "Get some sleep princess. But don't forget to finish your tea" I kissed her lightly on the lips and left the room, shutting the oak door behind me.

~Rosemarie's point of view~

I finished my tea with one last gulp and wiped the corners of my mouth with a napkin, setting the china cup and napkin down I got comfortable, moving ever so slightly into a better position. I rest my head on the soft duck feather pillows and surpressed a sigh. I was pregnant and that was a good thing... But now I'd be treated like a child: no coffee, early bed times and sweets when I behaved. But for me that'd be blood. Not that I needed it as much as a young vampire would. I pressed my eye lids shut and attempted to sleep...

~Rosemarie's dream~

I walked on a road of cobblestones, my heels making small clicking noises behind me. Click. Click. Click. I hadn't a thing to worry about. Being careful of any persuers I chose my victim, standing under a stone archway in central Whitechapel I drained my unfortunate. Dimitri appeared from the shadows, he clapped a hand onto my shoulder. "I knew bringing you to London was a good idea. Keep up the good work" he kissed me lightly on my fair skinned cheek and put the body in a more visible place. If you've ever heard of the famous 'Jack the Ripper' then forget all the theories you've ever had about him, because me and Dimitri were him. We travelled all over the world, leaving trails of drained bodies behind, only in London did they care enough to make it public however. And whose going to look at the new couple in town who are just innocent teenagers? I smiled to myself and wiped my face clean of any blood of the whore I'd drank that may have escaped me. Having done that we found ourselves a hotel room in one of the better off areas in London and stayed there for the night, knowing that when we woke up the news of another dead body would already be front page news.

The next morning I awoke I did some errands for Dimitri while he consulted with his maker about where we should move next. He mentioned several places but whether his maker approved or not was a different matter entirely. I picked up the latest paper I could have found and smiled at my good work. A passerby approached and I made my smile fade into a grimace. "Dreadful isn't it? What kind of monster could do that to these poor girls?"

I faked a grimace. "Very. I can't even call this person human" the woman shook her head and grasped for her shawl as it fell of her right shoulder, as she grabbed for the shawl I saw the light rhythmatic movement of her pulse under the skin of her bare neck. She looked back up at me, her face suddenly recognising my inner vampire. I pierced my eyes into hers. "Don't scream" I ordered. "I won't" she promised, her eyes latched onto my own. "You'll offer me your neck" I continued. "Would you like a drink?" she complied. "Yes thank you" I felt my fangs elongate, she came to my side and I brought her to a nearby bench, I sat her down as I did myself. Bringing her close to me I lowered my mouth to her neck, the soft beating of her heart was apparent. I pushed her hair away and stroked her neck. "This won't hurt" I promised, before sinking my teeth into the veins nearest to the surface, she let out a moan and fell unconcious when I was done. Any passerby would assume her drunk. I healed her wounds and left without a trace.

~End of dream~

I woke up and the room appeared hazy. Bennett sat at my side, staring into the distance, only when I moved to sit up did he realize I had awoken. "I didn't mean to wake you up" he promised "You didn't" I stretched my arms above my head, glad to be up from the very dreams that haunted me most. "Good dream?" he asked. I raised an eye brow "Depends" I answered bluntly. "Why?" I shrugged it off "Doesn't matter" I lied, keeping my face a mask of cool composure. He smiled and laid down beside me. I looked outside the window. Realising it was night time I laid down again. "Goodnight Bennett" I said with a yawn, how could I be tired? I'd slept all day! "Goodnight Rosemarie" he said with his own yawn, he wrapped his arms around my waist and fell to sleep instantly. I joined him not long after.

**************************************

(A/N) okay I know it's like really, really short but don't be mad, I've got a lot of pressure on me with exams. So another moment in history: Jack the Ripper. There should be a few more of these dreams considering Rosemarie's age.

Anyway if you guys would like to give me some ideas for Rosemarie's child then send me a message telling me: male or female, description and name. Also you can add what it should be: witch, werewolf, vampire, angel, demon, fairy or all.

By the way I promise to update again Saturday or Sunday or both. Depends.

Please comment, fan and vote. Hope you enjoy!

The song for this chapter is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=XJsQzu-2zbw

Titanium by Boyce Avenue- cover

Goodbye