Chapter seventeen:

~Rosemarie's point of view~

I felt eyes on me, so using the last of my strength I sat up to see Dimitri's calculating eyes focused on me, he sat in a chair in the corner of my room, just staring at me. It was disconcerting. "What do you want?" I asked weakly. I looked out the window. The sun was pouring in the room, usually I'd have no problem with this, now I did. "Can you shut the curtains? The light is making my eyes hurt" he crossed the room and drew the curtains shut. "Do you know what's wrong with you" I shook my head. "I think you might be pregnant" I raised an eye brow at him. "Seriously?" he nodded. "Um... yeah" I smiled. "How did you react?" he shrugged his shoulders, sitting back down he put his elbows on his knees and leaned forward so he was closer to me. "I guess I was surprised. But remember we don't know for sure so don't get excited" I nodded. "Can I have a blood bag?" he nodded. "Yeah, it's not the blood that made you sick. It's the pregnancy if you are" I smiled and he left the room, returning seconds later with a recently warmed blood bag. Yum.

"Careful" he warned "It's my favourite not your's" I'd just been about to drink, I looked up at him "Seriously?" he nodded. "Whatever" I answered. I sipped it haphazardly, wondering if I'd burst into flames for drinking it. But nothing happened, in fact it tasted better than I expected it to. Finishing it, I let out a low murmur of sweetness. It was beautiful. I was now some what depressed the blood was gone. Dimitri saw my face and let out a soft chuckle. "More?" he asked. "Yeah" I replied. Dimitri called to someone to warm another before coming to sit down at my side. "We got one the supernatural council to send in one of their professional supernatural doctors" I acknowledged this with a sigh. "When will he be here?" he remembered what he could from his conversation.

"Two hours, he'll give you the diagnosis then" he sighed and I patted the bed beside me. He gave me an eye brow raise. I nodded and made space for him, he laid down next to me and opened his arms for me, I laid my head down on his chest and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Comfy?" I nodded. "Rosemarie, why did the council choose you and Bennett to be the representatives for the treaty?" I sighed, it was about time he knew, I'd kept it from him for so long. "Dimitri I was chosen to be a representative because I'm a vampire princess" he shook his head in disbelief "Rose, don't play coy with me I know there's more to it than that" I sighed. "I was made representative because of my bloodlines" he gave me a puzzled look. "What?" he finally managed to utter the one thing he wanted to say. "I was born to be a vampire, regardless of whether we'd met at the age of eighteen I would've became one of us" he looked even more confused than before. "What?" he asked again. "Think about it! My mother gave birth to me at the age of eighteen and then became a vampire at the age of nineteen, the same goes for my dad. So theoretically I could never be older than them, that's not how things work in our world" I left him to mull over my words "So me turning you was pointless?" he asked. "Although it was romantic. Yes." he smiled at my bluntness. He wasn't effected by it, he knew it was just my way to go about things.

"And Bennett? Why was he chosen?" I sighed "Born or bitten, Bennett would've became a werewolf too, his whole family is, on both sides" he nodded. "So you guys are kind of like 'originals'?" I nodded. "Exactly, no matter what fate had planned for us we would've ended up like this" he let that fact sink in. "So if we'd never have met, never married, you would still be here today?" I smiled, glad he understood. "Indeed I would" he gave me curt nod. "Well the doctor just arrived, so sit back and anything he asks, you don't argue. Agreed?" I sighed "Agreed."

The doctor came in. He was a wisened man of maybe sixty and over, he had spectacles that sat on the brink of his nose, milky blue eyes, pale raspy skin, wrinkles creased his forehead and his clear head bore no hair, not even a single strand. I smiled politely and sat up to greet him. "Hello Doctor" he smiled "Ms Grimshaw" he gave me a nod and set down a box of appliances which bore no resemblance to anything I'd ever seen. Then again... I'd never fallen ill before now. After running a few tests he had my diagnosis ready. He called Bennett in and asked Dimitri to give us some privacy, he agreed although either way he would know, he could see it all through the maker and prodegy bond. "Ms Grimshaw, you'll be glad to know that you have been blessed with a child" he said the word 'blessed' like the child would be god or something, but I smiled none-the-less and out of the corner of my eye I swear I saw Bennett shed a tear, letting it silently fall down his cheek. The good doctor got up. "I'll going now, see you in three months for your scan Ms Grimshaw" I smiled and waved "Goodbye doctor" Bennett turned to face me, having finally snapped out of his frozen state. "Your pregnant... with my child... I'm going to have a kid..." he looked ready to faint "Yes! Yes! And yes! I am, it is and we are!" his face brightened up and the colour returned to his cheeks, he jumped up grabbing me with him as he did. He grabbed me by the waist and spun me round. "This is great news" Dimitri came in smiling "I heard, congratulations you two" Bennett and Dimitri shook hands well manneredly. "Thanks man" Bennett said, smiling geniunely up at Dimitri. "No problem" Dimitri said kindly. Bennett ran down stairs, presumably to tell the pack, although that didn't bother me, they'd know soon enough anyway. "I'm so proud of you right now. I can't believe you've made this work so well. Congratulations Rose" I smiled at him, knowing he was sincere. "Thank you Dimitri, I'm glad your taking this so well" he shrugged his shoulders. "All in a days work your highness, although you won't just be princess of the vampires after this, you'll be queen of the vampires" my eyes went wide. "Oh yeah..."

He chuckled. Grabbing me in a tight but painless hug "Don't worry Rose you'll be a great mum... again" I smiled up at him. "Thanks for saying so" he laughed "I'm not just saying it for your benefit Rose, it's true, you were a great mother" I sighed. "All in a day's work" his features softened "Yeah and I'm sure Bennett will be a great dad" I sighed again "Yeah he will" he curled his hands into fists "And if he isn't I'll rough him up for you" I chuckled and made him loosen his fists "No need I'm more than capable" he laughed again "Sure you are" and with that he made his departure from my room.

**************************************

(A/N) so I know some of you have been waiting to know why Bennett and Rose were the automatic candidates for this treaty and well now you know. Tell me what you think: fan, vote and comment. And most importantly, enjoy! I love writing this for you guys and I'll be sad when it's finished but it seems more and more that there will be a sequel so keep an eye out for it once this is finished.

The song for this chapter is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=M0xNVAy1gkQ

A thousand years by Christina Perri

Goodbye