Chapter 10 - Infiltration

Keith

Since we had that little conversation in the pod, I had felt a stronger connection with Lillian, something I couldn't explain. It was the one conversation we'd had that didn't include sarcasm, and for whatever reason, we'd been honest with each other. Even if it had been only a few serious words.

Usually I didn't like working with another person or a team. It only made me worry about them or feel the need to protect them. But with the Captain, I felt more comfortable. She knew where she was going and what she was doing, and, strangely, I trusted her.

It must have been all those hours we spent training.

We made it into the bay of Zarkon's ship and had to hide from two more sentires. After they passed, Lillian and I ran to the door that would lead us out of the room. I put my hand on the hand-print to let us through, and we began to sprint down the hallways. As we ran, Lillian pulled up a screen on her wrist device and scanned it quickly.

"Okay, we've made it to the lower communication deck. We need to go left down this corridor," she said, "And there should be a large door up ahead that's the central hub for the Galra fleet."

I nodded, and we continued to run towards the door that came into our vision as soon as we turned left.

The rest of Team Voltron and the other Marmorans were talking over the communications link, but I blocked them out as I scanned the path to our destination. I didn't want to be caught in a fire fight or get captured and killed.

Lillian and I walked through the doors and into an essentially empty room with a high ceiling and a deep pit. There was a catwalk out to a control panel.

I radioed to Kolivan. "We're in."

"Quickly resent the system," he said, and I saw that Lillian was already on it. She had her screens up as she furiously typed away at the computer.

"It's not working," she said, frustrated.

"Try it again," Kolivan instructed, and Lillian began to try again, but the door opened. When she didn't move, I grabbed her around the waist and pulled her behind a barrier.

"That's Thace," she whispered with a little too much excitement. I covered her mouth with my hand.

"Keith? Lillian, are you there?" Kolivan continued to ask through the link.

We were about to get up when the door opened again and two druids entered.

"And now, we know you were attempting to shut down the system," the first one said. They flew toward Thace as he tried to finish the sequence.

"You're too late," Thace said and turned towards them. I winced.

"No, Thace," the second druid said, "You're too late. We already changed the code."

All the screens popped up again and nothing changed. I took this as my cue to leap from my hiding place. I took one of the druids by surprise and impaled it, while Lillian took care of the other. Hers wasn't caught by surprise, but instead of impaling it, she was hit by an electrical orb. I kicked the druid, waiting for Lillian to jetpack to the other side and catch him, which she did faithfully. She flung the druid into the walls of electric current were he met his death after a blood-curdling scream.

"Thace," Lillian said.

"Lillian?" He asked.

She nodded and deactivated her mask.