Chapter 2 - The Blade of Marmora Part 1

4 Years Later

Lillian

I stood in the central Blade hall at one of our Marmoran outposts. We were getting ready to deal with two of the Paladins of Voltron.

I had just gotten done sending them a route to our base, and was about to head up to collect them when I ran into a few issues closing out of the hailing frequency. Kiana, my lieutenant, and I walked to the hall together and took our places. I stood to the left of Kolivan on the second tier of the platform, facing the agents on the other side of the platform. Kiana stood next to me on the third tier. We flicked our masks on and waited.

Kolivan stood in the center of the room with the Blade symbol flickering in hologram form above him. I grinned to myself. I had rigged our tech to do that. It was an important part of our organisation. Most of us had a tattoo of the symbol on our left wrist, however there were variations depending on the unit. My unit, for example, had the symbol outlined twice. The second outline filled in with a dark purple ink, and in the center of the symbol, the letters D and O were intricately interlocked. My unit was called the Delta Unit, but most of the Blades referred to us as the Orphan Unit because that's what we were. Blade orphans. We had grown up together and had a two year record of not losing a member, but that wasn't uncommon. Most units rarely lost members.

Finally, two figures emerged with two Blade Agents. Regris and Antok led the two Paladins toward Kolivan. He had his mask up like the rest of us. Formal protocol. The taller, more obviously muscular Paladin wore armor with black accents. The shorter, much more thin one wore armor with red accents. I looked more closely at his helmeted face. The red one was shockingly cute, and unless Voltron liked to mix up their colour schemes, I guessed they piloted the Black and Red Lions respectively. These were some powerful beings standing in our midst. Both lions were the hardest to fly.

"I am Kolivan, leader of the Blade of Marmora," Kolivan said after a moment of pause during which I knew he made a quick analysis of them.

"My name is Shiro and this is Keith. We are Paladins of Voltron," the black one answered.

"I know who you are," Kolivan responded in a tight voice. It was true. We did know who they were. We studied them excessively, but never had I known their names.

Keith.

Even that was a hot name. Fitting for a hot boy.

Come on, Lillian. Calm down.

I blushed under my mask, and suddenly I was glad it was covering my face.

"Then you know we were sent by one of your own," Shiro continued.

"Ulaz was a fool to divulge this location to you. He had a penchant for ignoring orders and following his impulses. That's what got him killed." Kolivan didn't let his anger out of check, but what he said was true. Ulaz never listened. Which is why we gave him a permanent solo mission. Never in a million light years did we think he'd give our information away. It almost felt like a betrayal, only he was dead, not evil, and we were possibly going to gain allies.

"He gave his life to save us! What he did brought us here today, and Voltron is ready to assist you. Are we welcome here or not?" Shiro was stern. He was starting to turn away.

Suddenly, I felt the presence of a luxite blade. I stepped out of my ranks to point this out even if it got me in trouble.

"You were told to come unarmed," I said angrily. They hadn't obeyed our request, and if they were going to be our allies, they needed to listen.