chapter twenty - memories

🕊Bella Makenna🕊

🕊Bella Makenna🕊

I woke up to arms wrapped tightly around me. Draco. A smile crept onto my face, knowing that he was fast around and still holding my waist. I leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to his forehead. As amazing as this was, I needed to head to class. I threw the first clothes I found on my body and grabbed a piece of parchment, as well as Draco's quill.

Malfoy,
Had to head to class, you better be awake for yours too. Last night was amazing, doing anything tonight?
Bella

I shut the door behind me as quietly as I could. Hoping no Slytherins were awake, I crept down the stairs. I saw no one so I hurried out of the entrance and went to Hufflepuff's common room to freshen up. I was already sliding off the robe and tie as I walked up the stairs. At the speed of light, I was in the warm water and scrubbing at my skin with my body wash. I dried off and let my hair dry before securing it in a low ponytail with a yellow ribbon tied in a bow around it. Class was almost starting by the time I grabbed everything and got dressed. My grey skirt was from years ago, but the rest of them weren't washed. My legs were noticeably showing and there was nothing I can do. I've seen girls dressed in worse here, so I'll be okay. Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I sped to Alchemy. I walked in, seeing Draco sitting away from everyone and alone. I sighed, knowing I couldn't sit near him because it would expose everything we have tried to disguise. Sitting down, whispers erupted around me and I looked around to see what the matter was. Draco locked eyes with me and glanced down. Before I had the chance to look, the professor spoke.

"Makenna, why are you out of uniform? I always assumed you were in Hufflepuff," she reprimanded. My cheeks turned a dark red; I now noticed I had the robe and tie of Slytherin. I was in such a hurry that I did not even notice. He was smirking at me, his grey eyes glittering with possession.

"I...uh.."

"Next time, wear your correct clothing. Twenty points from Hufflepuff." My classmates sighed, shooting glares at me.

If only I could shrink and be invisible to these eyes on me. Trying to divert from the embarrassment, I wondered how Harry and them were doing. If they were alive or hurt, or worse, dead. They had each other, they would be fine. My muscles loosened before I even noticed they tightened in the first place. I barely paid attention in class; I was more focused on getting out of there as quickly as possible. Once dismissed, I stood and walked out into the hall. Draco was following close behind. He needed to talk to me so I stopped. His body pressed to the back of mine. I looked around and noticed no one was there.

"You look sexy in green, especially in my robes. You should be wearing it more often. Same with that skirt. I expect to see you at the Slytherin entrance at 9." His whisper fell against my ear and I gulped, nodding. The smell of him invading my nose and I instantly became drunk on the thought of him. Cold air hit my skin as he disappeared from behind me.

I needed to change. Once my head was unfazed, I went back to my room and found the usual yellow that I wore everyday for the past seven years. Without hesitation, I pulled off everything of Slytherin and put my uniform on.

The rest of the day was sluggish, especially since I knew I was going to be with Draco in a few hours. Neville and Luna caught me in the hall, yelling my name.

"Bella!"

I stopped and turned, my smile wide.

"Hi, guys!"

"Is it true you showed up to class in Slytherin robes? You might have blown the secret, Bel," Luna said, her tone emitting her worry. She was right, unfortunately.

"Yes, I did," I sighed, looking at the ground. Neville showed no shock, just disappointment.

"Before we go to dinner, have you checked just above your collar? I believe I see something," Longbottom chuckled. My hands instantly went to my neck; I knew my face showed my horror.

"Can I, um, come with?" I tried to hide the panic I felt. Why didn't Draco tell me? The two nodded and we went to the Great Hall. I bid farewell to them before walking to the Hufflepuff table. Hannah and Susan sat next to me, glancing at my neck but saying nothing. I saw Susan elbow Hannah's side. She looked up at me, guilty.

"Bel, are you sure you aren't sneaking around with Malfoy to distract from Cedric? I know the anniversary is soon. But, this situation has gotten worse as time passed. I miss Ced too, but I would never be so reckless," she blurted out of nowhere.

Everything stopped as tears filled my eyes; my heart was burning. Suddenly, I wasn't hungry.

"I was the one who lost my best friend, my first love. You have no right to judge how I have healed and moved on," I whispered as tears dropped onto my plate. A hiccup came from my chest and I hastily wiped my eyes. I didn't know where this came from. They both knew about Draco, so why didn't the tell me before? I stood up, moving down the table near the first years and slowly ate my dinner. I felt sick. My hands were shaking as I handled my utensils.

Once I was done eating, I walked out of the hall and headed to the Middle Courtyard. I sat on the ledge, watching the trees blow. Soon, I was drowning in emotions and memories.

••••••

Cedric was my first Yule ball date and I wore a flowing white dress that had shimmers of gold. I could hear him in my head, telling me I looked beautiful. Our mums would be gushing by now, knowing we were in this moment. He clasped a necklace around my neck and I could feel my hearts flutter. I can feel his hands holding my waist as we spun and he lifted me. That night was filled with giggles and a giddy feeling. After the night was over, we walked back to the common room and he kissed my forehead, telling me he loved me. That memory faded into a new one. His named was announced by Dumbledore; he was going to be in the Triwizard's Tournament. We decided to stay friends until our later years in Hogwarts; we didn't want to ruin anything with heartbreak. That year, he brought Cho to the ball and I went alone. But, I knew it would put us in a horrible situation. Then, I was in the stands and cheering for Ced as he grabbed the golden egg from the dragon. After that, I saw him dive into the lake. Draco stood next to me, his eyes rolling when I screamed for my life long friend in the second task. I knew what was coming. I didn't want to see it. His arms wrapped around me once he got out of the water and he held me tight. I should've hugged him more. This last glimpse of him was the most painful. He returned from the maze, cradled in Harry's arms. Hufflepuff cheered, soon noticing our own wasn't moving.

••••••

I felt my shoulder being shook. Tears were streaming down my cheeks, yet I didn't notice. Draco wiped them away for me. He didn't say a word, pulling me into a hug.

"I miss him," I whispered into his chest.

"I know, Bella, I know."

Sobs ran through my body for a while, until my eyes ran out of tears. He grabbed my hand and helped me stand.

"Come on, let's go to my room and clean you up so you can sleep, Hufflepuff," Draco mumbled, glancing around us to make sure no one was present.

A/N: next chapter might have some spice?? who's pov next?? what would be your fav treat in the wizarding world? mine would have to be butterbeer or chocolate frogs!
ALSO i am very much aware the yule ball happens only at the tournament days. but i mean the hall looks too pretty and it seems to fun to write an only once so for my sake of plot, roll w it