chapter seventeen - regret

𓆚Draco Malfoy𓆚

𓆚Draco Malfoy𓆚

Screams travelled up the walls of the Manor and Mum summoned me from my room. I should have never followed. I wouldn't have if I knew what was going to happen. She was laying her in a pool of blood. Her eyes screamed that she was in pain, that she was scared. That didn't last long, as her eyes rolled into the back of her hand and went silent. Bellatrix twirled the Hufflepuff's curly hair around her finger. She was dying. Someone please save her. I looked around the room, trying to see if anyone made a move towards her to assist. Nothing. Luna was in tears, looking at her friend on the cold floor. Before I could realize the outcome, I was repeating the healing spell over her until I heard a hiccup come from her.

"Draco? What are you doing?" Bellatrix grabbed my collar on my shirt and yanked me back.

"She is from Hogwarts, we did Potions together and she had us fail our project. I can't just watch her die from transportation. I'd rather her see Harry Potter fall," I lied through my teeth, hoping it was convincing. Bella was brought to her feet by a snatcher who was waiting in the corner. Her cheeks were stained with tears, her legs shaking in weakness.

"What is this? Draco, your ring," Bellatrix commented and I felt my heart sink.

"I lost it ages ago, looks like I found where it went," I forced out a laugh, breaking her necklace with one pull.

"Since you're so eager, nephew. I need information that she has on Potter. Get it out of her." My heart sank. I knew what she was asking. Bella's eyes widened and then were quickly masked with pride.

"Do it, Draco," she smiled, her blood soaked shirt clinging to her skin.

"How dare you speak his name, filthy blood traitor?" Bellatrix's comment hit a nerve in the Hufflepuff.

My aunt grabbed me, pulling me next to Bella. I was so close that I could smell her, I could see her features clearly and she still looked just as beautiful.

"Do it, Draco," Bellatrix hissed in my ear and I looked up at the small blonde. She knew what I needed to do, so she nodded and mouthed that she will be okay. I raised my wand with a shaky hand.

"Crucio," I muttered, flinching as her already weak body let out a painful scream. I was instructed to lower my wand.

"Where is Harry Potter? Where did they go after the wedding?"

"I don't know," Bella said, blinking back the tears so she didn't show any form of weakness.

"Go ahead, Draco. She's lying."

The Cruciatus Curse covered your body in pain, known as the spell for torture. It makes you feel like your skin is on fire and peeling off at the same time. Every horrible feeling to have, you feel. Bella choked back her scream as she endured the second round. This continues until the sixth curse. She collapsed to the ground where she was prior.

"Take them downstairs."

Luna and Bella were dragged down to the dungeon. They put up no fight. I tortured her. I hurt her. My thoughts were cut off as I realized I was in my room. While she was cold and afraid in a cell. Once I walked in, I sprinted to the toilet and emptied my stomach. Everything felt like I was the one who was cursed. Still in my hand was Bella's necklace. She never took it off. Flushing the toilet, I stood up and walked to my bed. I laid her chain down and brought out my wand

"Reparo." It came out as a whisper, holding the wand out while the necklace fixed itself. I dropped it into my pocket, waiting.

I scribbled a small note for Bella once I found my quill. Apologizing profusely, I finished my letter. In summary, it was mainly apologizing, a dried tear drop on the page. I told her in writing that I never wanted to be hurtful, it's just how it's supposed to be. I explained everything that she should know.

After everyone went in for the night, I slowly walked down to the main room. I saw Luna and Bella's wands. I instantly grabbed them and descended down to the dungeon. The sight of Bella made me feel like I lost all rights to breathe. She was huddled next to Luna, her head in her lap. Her friend stroked her hair softly, knowing the pain still coursed through her veins. I was hidden in the dark, as one dim light was the only down here. Silently, I slid the repaired necklace and wands through a gap. The clatter of wood caused them to look up and I moved quickly upstairs, making a line straight to my room. The two better be out of here by morning.

I woke up to Bellatrix's loud badgering. Rubbing my eyes, I stood and instantly got ready. I looked in the mirror and once again, felt sickly that a stranger stared back at me. I shifted my jacket, buttoning one of the suit buttons. Hesitantly, I walked down to the huddle of people. They were gone, only leaving behind the dried puddle of blood on the ground.

She was out of here.

A/N SHOOORRT CHAP BUT A LOT TO UNPACK