chapter fifteen - lies

𓆚Draco Malfoy𓆚

𓆚Draco Malfoy𓆚

Bella's face of anguish when she saw me at the wedding stayed in the back of my mind. I knew that she was beyond angry. Who wouldn't be? I walked away from my only life line to be with wanted criminals. Each day was so similar, it became a routine. My inner struggle worsened after seeing her physically in front of me. I wanted to love her, but I knew I could barely grasp the concept of love. Mum was my only hope, showing me the bits of affection that my own father never gave. Although I would give anything to see Bella, I knew damn well I need the separation. I'm a difficult task to figure out and she would attempt to tear down the walls that have been built over the years in Hogwarts. I get cold and distant; she was like walking into a home who had the fireplace aglow on the coldest of days. There was nothing I could do; she filled my head and most days I refused to accept it. If I was told where I am now years ago, I would've spit in your face. My family's reputation meant the world to them, forcing that idea onto me. All I knew was Slytherin. Nothing and no one else mattered outside of that house. My blood line would laugh at me if they knew my world now revolved around a certain brunette - well, now blonde - who wore the crest of Hufflepuff. My world revolves around someone? Sickening, seems impossible. Love was always meaningless to me and I always assumed I was going to marry for power. My dream girl was confident and outgoing; her life was filled with struggle, like mine, and our kids would be granted a place in Slytherin. But, Bella was the opposite of that. She was shy until you got under her skin. She excelled academically, especially in Charms and Herbology. She loved creatures and hated the Dark Arts. This wasn't supposed to happen and it chilled me to my core. I found myself wishing this war would be the end of her, but only because I wanted to continue the legacy. I wanted to have children that didn't disappoint. Bella would be nauseous if she could hear my thoughts. As beautiful and lovely as she is, she wasn't good enough to marry. She would never measure up to a Slytherin and father would not accept her, even with his dying breath. God, I'm pitiful.

But, Bella believed in me. She is the reason I am still alive, as she's the only sense of light I have had in a long time. Even when she knew what I had to do to Dumbledore, she supported me as her eyes threatened to spill tears. I pulled the tie around my neck slightly as my lungs began to burn with the new discomfort in my head. As soon as the dark material loosened, I started to twist my wand around my fingers. Anger started to rise in me as I stared at the flexible wood. Bella was one of the Potters and he could have killed her. She was at the wedding, clutching to George as her eyes met mine. It was bloody sickening. The way she looked at me oozed fear and accusation. I would assume I gained a label around those in our school, especially in our year. She probably thought I was a murderer with bloodlust. Little did she know, I would cry myself to sleep at the thought of my once smooth skin now covered in black ink. Tears constantly ran down my cheeks when I thought about her and how I couldn't care for her the way she deserves. I barely ate anymore, almost always rejecting meals.

My hands began to shake as I stood in the mirror. Grasping the sides of the sink with wand still in hand, I attempted to slow my uneven breathing. I need to have thicker skin, I need to handle these things better. I have to accept my situation, even if it wasn't my choice. My gaze dropped down to the object in hand before I angrily whipped it into the wall. I don't want to see that damned wand, not right now. Tears began to well up as my shoulders shook. This was inevitable; I knew the day would end in heartache. Tears soon turned into sobs that were muted by the thick walls. I was disgusted in myself. I hated everything that I have become. I was just a boy when I was exposed to this. All I wanted was a normal life where I didn't need to worry about dying at a young age. Sometimes, I envy muggles who were behind clueless of what was happening right under their noses. I ached for normalcy, for something other than learning how to deal with being responsible for the death of an individual, to see the light drain from their eyes. I didn't want to worry about the sorting into houses, the courses that we had to take, anything. I wanted to marry the girl that I yearned for, I wanted to take my kids out in London, I wanted to have a job, anything. I just want to escape this damn place. I should write her to see how she is. I know I shouldn't and that it's dangerous, but the sun was down and no one would notice.

Bella Makenna,

I would assume that you are in a safe house, but I sent this to the Weasley home with hopes that by chance you're there safe. Blonde hair now? Care to explain the gashes on your forehead and arm? What happened, Bella? You promised me you would be safe but the first time I see you in months, you are wounded. You really disappointed me, Hufflepuff. You are not meant to be brave. You could have died, Bella. And I could have been the one who unknowingly did it.

D.M

My words showed the bitterness that I felt, but in reality, I wanted to tell her I felt like I could love her at some point and that she looked beautiful in her formal dress. I wanted to say that seeing her stopped my heart in its tracks, that I hope she could still be my light in a world full of darkness. But, I couldn't. I handed the large owl the letter and sent him on his way, hoping she would get it soon and return an owl to me.

A/N: helllllooo!! sorry i didn't write today, it was a busy ass day!!! pls keep up w the goofy comments and thank you all for the support!❤️
what is ur wand made of? mine is 11 mahogany with unicorn hair!