chapter thirteen - change

🕊Bella Makenna🕊

🕊Bella Makenna🕊

Tensions kept rising, making the air difficult to breathe. Hermione, Ron, and Harry warned me that Draco's actions on his last day put me in danger; his poor way of hiding his care making it obvious. When I got back to my parents, I told them everything. About Draco, the mess Hogwarts was left to recover from. I told them about Bellatrix, knowing me. I asked if I could change my appearance, even if it meant lightening or dyeing my hair. Mum agreed and we traveled to the Muggle world, into London, to get it done. After a few hours, my hair was blonde and I barely even recognized myself. I loved my natural hair, but in these times, I needed to do something to divert a small amount of attention. Draco would hate it; I hate him being a Death Eater, so he has no place. As bitter as I was now, I found myself wondering what he could be doing, if he killed anyone yet, if he's even still alive or a free man. Everything was unknown. My parents were debating on whether I should even go back to Hogwarts for my seventh year. By the time the decision came, it was early Spring. I would be attending Hogwarts in the upcoming Autumn. The battle could have already happened by the time I was called back. 

After the long, daunting Winter, the first day of sun finally came. I woke up, looking out of bedroom window. Smiling, I pulled on my long yellow skirt and grey, cropped shirt. I was going to go paint and read in the Manor's orchard. I adored that spot of the property. Clarity chirped as I packed a bag to hold everything I needed. She wanted to be out in the sun, so I opened her cage and she moved to my shoulder to perch. I could smell Mum making breakfast; I hurried down the stairs to suppress my hunger. She looked up and handed me a plate that I shoveled into my mouth. After, I walked out of the door and giddily walked to the budding trees. I rolled out the blanket I packed as soon as I arrived to a shady spot, sitting down after Clarity flew up to rest on the branches. Sketching on parchment, I soon realized what the lines added up to be: the Room of Requirement. The same place where Draco and I bonded, where he was my first time. I missed him, as hard as I try not to. I tucked my newly blonde hair behind my ear, studying the lead streaks. I should write to him, somehow. That was a foolish idea. I could only do that if I used a fake name, but I knew that would put Clarity and my family in anger if tracked back. Frustrated, I laid back on the blanket and looked up at the trees. He should be here with me. Without him, days dragged on and I didn't understand how I once lived without him. But, he was dangerous and brought nothing but the unknown. I loved it, as much as I refused to admit it. A large, brown owl landing next to me, a letter with it. Gently, I took the parchment and opened it. Ron and Hermione. I smiled, scanning through the lines written. They needed me at the Weasley house immediately and that I had to bring a dress for a wedding. I scrambled to my feet and quickly picked up my belongings, thanking the owl since I did not bring my treats I usually do. Humming on my way to the house, I spun and skipped excitedly. I get to see my friends and celebrate love in the darkest of times. My owl flew beside me until we got to the back entrance. She gently landed on my shoulder, careful to not hurt me with her talons.

"Mum!"

"Yes, darling?" She came out from one of the rooms at the sound of my voice. I handed her the letter and let her read it.

"Will you be safe if I allow you to go? Nothing dangerous?"

"Of course I will be cautious." Mum nodded and I darted up the stairs, packing a bag of everything I would need. Once finished, I grabbed Clarity's cage when she went in and headed back down to the kitchen. She came over to me, kissing the top of my head and summoning my father. He was informed and he pulled me into a tight hug. 

"I love you guys! Apparate," I said before transporting to the Wesley's front lawn. Going up to the door, I gently knocked and Molly greeted me.

"You must be Bella! Hermione and Ginny have told me about you! I was told you were amazing in your classes," She gushed. Soon footsteps were heard as Hermione ran up to me and hugged me.

"We need to talk, since you are of age for this plan," she said, her eyes swirling with emotions. I nodded, as we went to sit down. Soon, Ron joined us and they began telling me the plan. We were going to move Harry here, but he was still under the Trace. 

"What do I need to do?"

"The Order is going to use Polyjuice potion to have us look like Harry, so no one knows who to go for. Are you willing to do this?"

I chewed at my lip, knowing I promised Mum that I would be safe.

"Anything for the Chosen One," I said, causing timid laughs to erupt. 

"Get ready then, we are going tonight."

The next few hours flew by. Once nightfall hit, we were on our way to Harry. Once the front door was open, Moody threw a pile of clothes on the floor. As he explained the plan to Harry, I watched Hermione creep forward. She plucked a strand of hair, handing setting it in the potion. We passed the brew around, gagging as the flavor. Without pain, I felt my bones shift into Harry's height and stature. I looked over at the twins as they excitedly joked about looking identical. Everyone went to the pile of clothes and picked up the necessary items. I changed, laughing with Hermione about Harry's horrid eyesight. I was paired with Remus for this mission and with each passing minute, my energy spiked. I was ready for this. But, what if the Death Eaters that are following us..what if one is Draco? What if he killed or injured me? Or I, him? Sacrifices needed to be made, but I would never forgive myself if he was injured from my wand. Snapping back to reality, I walked outside and hopped on the broom Remus and I were sharing. Moody counted down and we were off into the moonlit night. Once we were in the clouds, streams of light flew from wands. Instantly, we were split up and had to worry about the one we were paired with. Professor Lupin controlled the broom, as I cast stunning spells at the figures who were closing in. A jinx skimmed my forehead and bicep; blood instantly gushed from the wounds. I kept hexing and casting every defensive spell I could think of until I tumbled to the ground in front of the Burrow. Everything was stinging as my blood stained the grass. I was picked up and carried inside, seeing George laying on the couch next to where I was laid. The members of the Order rushed in, announcing Moody's death. Ginny came down the stairs and rushed to me, wrapping up the wounds hastily. Molly was tending to the twin.

"Tell Bill I apologize for these nasty cuts. They might ruin wedding photos," I laughed lightheartedly. Blood dripped into my mouth once I spoke. Ew

I laid on the couch for the rest of the night, cracking jokes with George. As soon as Molly came down and shushed us, we realized we needed sleep to heal.

A/N: sorry for the slow update!!! i have college sooo that is my priority. i will try to get the wedding chapter out today! xoxo