she wears your hoodie

Waking up without Hailee by your side has been a rare thing to happen since you first moved in together last week.

But this morning was different than most. Aside from the fact that she wasn't there beside you, you could also smell the delicious scent of your favorite food floating throughout the room. You excitedly jumped out of bed and went downstairs.

With a big bright smile on your face, you were just about to yell out to Hailee as she came into your view from around the staircase. But you froze on your feet when you saw her.

Her back was turned to you and she was singing softly to a song that's been stuck in her head for days now. She had her hair thrown back into a messy ponytail and she was wearing your hoodie.

You crept down the stairs the rest of the way and strode over to where she stood. Your mouth was watering both from the delicious smell of the food and how beautiful your girlfriend looked standing there in your clothes.

You made sure she put down the utensil in her hand before you snuck up on her, so she wouldn't get hurt if she jumped from your sudden presence.

"Good morning." You whispered in her ear and laid a few kisses to the shell of it. She giggled in your embrace as you held onto her tightly, swaying gently from side to side as you closed your eyes and buried your face in her neck where you could still smell her body wash.

"Good morning to you, too." She sighed and melted into your warm and comforting embrace. "I'm trying to make us breakfast, but I don't know how it's coming along." She chuckled.

"It'll be wonderful, I'm sure." You whispered against her neck and laid a soft kiss there. "You look so cute in my hoodie!" You complimented, causing her cheeks to flush and a few jubilant giggles to fall from her soft, kissable lips.

"You don't mind that I'm wearing it?"

"Absolutely not." You smiled. "What's mine is yours, my love. Plus you look too cute for words. I'll never complain about you wearing my clothes." You tickled her sides and giggled along with her.

You peppered a few kisses to her neck and to the shell of her ear, and even behind it, which she seemed to love judging by the contented sighs that fell from her lips.

She craned her neck and stole a sweet kiss from your lips before she turned around to cook again. You helped her out when she needed it, but you just held onto her otherwise; wishing that you could live in these moments with her forever.