you have an asthma attack

The day was absolutely beautiful; the sun was shining on your skin, not a cloud in the sky. The birds were chirping as you strolled through the park hand in hand with Hailee.

And although you love the warm weather, it's not always the best for you. Your asthma always seems to be worse in the summer, the heat and the humidity not a great mix for you. So, to be safe, you always make sure you carry around your inhaler.

Or, mostly always.

You could feel your energy slip away within just a few minutes of walking. Your lungs started to burn which was a telltale sign that your asthma was starting to flare up. You let go of Hailee's hand and put your hand on your chest, immediately catching her attention.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" You shook your head. Hailee spotted a bench a little ways away and helped you over to it. "Your asthma?" All you could do was nod, seeing that you couldn't speak. Haile took off your backpack and dumped your belongings on the ground. She started to dig through it but didn't see it anywhere.

"Did you forget your inhaler?" Once again, you nodded.

Hailee took off her own small backpack and dug through it for a few seconds before pulling out an extra inhaler. She put it to your lips and pushed down on it, watching you closely as you took a couple of puffs. She lowered it to her lap and rubbed your arms as you started to get some air into your lungs.

"That's it, good girl." She kissed the side of your head and kept soothing you until your breathing returned to normal.

You looked at her with a small smile. "You carry an extra for me?" She tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "Of course I do. For reasons like this. I keep it with me wherever we go, most of the time I just keep it in my pocket for you. I also have one in the car too. We gotta be safe."

You pressed a kiss to her smooth cheek and grinned at her. "That's so sweet of you." She shook her head with a giggle. "Better safe than sorry, right? Now c'mon. Let's go home and watch a movie instead," She took your hand and you walked the short distance back to the car, swearing you fell even more in love with her that day.