the first time you stay the night

You unwrapped Hailee's arms from around you and stretched out when the credits of the movie started to roll.

You picked your phone up and checked the time. When you saw that it was nearly midnight you jumped up and reached for your shoes.

Meanwhile, your girlfriend sat next to you with wide eyes and a tug in her heart. She didn't want you to leave. She wasn't ready for you to go yet. It felt like the night had flown by and she wanted you to stay longer.

"Wait, don't go." Hailee grabbed your wrist and looked at you with her sad eyes. "Hailee, it's almost midnight." She bit at the inside of her cheek and looked out the window. The sky was dark, it was pitch black outside and she was a little worried about you heading home so late.

"Why don't you just stay?" Your heart skipped a beat at the question. "Are you sure?" She nodded her head with a smile. "Yeah. I want you to."

She turned the tv off and stood up. She tugged at your hand and led you up the stairs to her room. She went over to her bed and pulled the covers back for you. You took the few steps to her bed and laid back on the soft sheets.

"I'll be right back," she said before going to the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

She came back out a couple of minutes later with her makeup off, which was a sight you could never get enough of. You couldn't stop staring at her. "How do you manage to always look so beautiful?"

You saw the blush on her cheeks as she climbed into bed next to you, even though she tried to hide it. "Warm enough?" She asked and you move so your head would be resting on her chest.

Her arm wrapped around you, her hand resting comfortably on your side. "I am now," you said while listening to the sound of her heartbeat.

"I'm really happy you stayed the night with me. I've been wanting this for so long." She whispered, unsure if you'd fallen asleep yet. "Me too."

Hailee smiled, her heart was happy and content with you there in her arms, where she'd be able to kiss you goodnight rather than having to send you a text goodnight instead.

"I love you a lot. Can we do this more often?"

You really loved the sound of that.

"I love you too and that sounds wonderful," She cupped your chin and gently pulled your head back a little so she could lean down and give you a soft goodnight kiss.

You leaned your head back and her shoulder and closed your eyes as she began to tangle her fingers in your hair.

You were ready to fall asleep in her embrace for the first, but clearly not the last, time.