she snaps at you

You noticed it from the moment she walked through the front door. She seemed really moody right away; brushing right by you as if she didn't even notice you in same room as her. She was grumbling under her breath, curse words leaving her lips repeatedly.

"Hailee? You okay?" She turned her head when she heard your voice but she didn't say a word back to you. You frowned and walked over to her, putting your hands on her shoulders only for her to shrug them off. "Hailee what's wrong?" She groaned, clearly frustrated and irked by whatever had happened today.

"Hailee?" You tried putting your hand on the small of her back, hoping it'd bring her some comfort and help her to calm down but it only annoyed her more. "Y/n just stop! You're getting on my last nerve right now. I had a really bad day and all I want is for you to leave me alone. Just give me some space!"

Her words stung. The tears welled up in your eyes and your bottom lip started to tremble. you turned your back, about to go upstairs to give her the space you thought she wanted, but she wrapped her arms around your torso and buried her face in the crook of your neck. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry baby, I didn't mean it." You sniffled, the tears falling from your eyes continuously.

Hailee gently turned your body around and wrapped her arms around your back, holding you as close as she possibly could. You leaned your forehead on her shoulder and cried. It broke Hailee's heart to know that she was the reason behind your tears, something she promised you she'd never be unless they were happy tears, and she knew these obviously weren't happy tears.

"I'm so sorry y/n. I shouldn't have snapped at you. I just had a bad day but I should've never taken it out on you. Please don't cry. Tell me what to do to make you feel better and i'll do it, i'll do it right now, baby." You sniffled once more, sighing a few seconds later. "Am I annoying?" You mumbled against her shirt and Hailee shook her head, hooking her fingers under your chin and tilting it up so your gaze would meet hers. "No. Not at all, sweet girl. You could never annoy me. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me and i'm so sorry if I made you feel or think differently."

You cracked a small smile, leaning up to press a sweet kiss to her cheek. "Okay." Hailee smiled at you and cupped your cheeks in her palms, resting her forehead on yours as she stared into your eyes. "How on earth did I ever get so lucky to get to love someone as amazing as you?" You blushed, trying to look away but she made you look right back at her, her thumb softly brushing along your cheekbone. "I mean it y/n. You're so beautiful and so amazing. I'm so in love with you." You kissed the corner of her lips and smiled. "I love you Hailee." You put your head back on her shoulder, sighing as she began to comfortingly rub your back. "I love you too y/n, so so much."