CHAPTER 1: WELCOME TO HACIENDA DE ROMERO

ALCALA DE HENARES, HACIENDA DE ROMERO, 29 DE MARSO DE 1921.

The roaring tractors running around the small town of Alcala de Henares seemed to be a band of orchestras as they matched with the chirping harmony of the birds lurking around, some females wearing their working dresses and males just doing their job for their own family, a natural working scene of the town every single morning. Meanwhile, in the Hispanic mansion of the Romero's, the man behind of the wealthy vineyard dressed up formally as he waited for her daughter who was also been the reason why he continued to live up until now, Alessa.

It was her 25th birthday, a few months from now the woman who was once a part of the most sacred pearl of his heart will be someone's treasure, and he was hoping as a father and the man of the house that the person that soon will be owning his daughter's heart will be also going to take care of her more than what he did.

"Alessa." Alfonso Blanco y Romero smiled as he watched her slowly trailed off the stairs, her raven hair softly cascaded down to her pale white, knee-length dress that beautifully embraced her curves. Locals said, the more that the heir got to get older, the younger she got to look in every single day. She never failed to make everyone stunned by how she looked, her intimidating and powerful aura could sent shiver down to everyone and in one gaze it was enough for that person to melt down to its knees.

The woman smiled and greeted him. "Hola, papa." She then stood up next to him as his father had taken his chance to delicately grabbed her hand, Alessa knowingly gazed at him, her eyes wondering to his father's behaviour. Mr. Alfonso, was known for being not that affectionate to his own daughter, people described him as serious and highly respected  person towards everyone and his own daughter was not excluded from that rule. "Was there something wrong papa? Are you okay?" She politely asked.

"It has been two decades and a half since the first time I held this small hands of yours, from the very first time I've saw you, you never failed to make my heart fluttered in emotion and now here you are, a completely grown up and well-educated woman." He started, his eyes obviously reminiscing the past, with their hands entwined together, they slowly walked out of the mansion going straight to a pathway to a place that has been more important to the two of them, her mother's graveyard. The older woman had passed away a few days after giving birth to her, they've been through lots not until his father realized that everything was not yet over when an unreplaceable gift comes to life.

"Your mother's death anniversary will be in a few days." They entered the sepulcher. The atmosphere became dead silent as they casted their prayers to the older woman's grave and after that, the two proceeded to sit down on a stone bleacher facing each other. "You've got everything from your Mom, Alessa."

"I got your attitude." They cracked into the pit of laughter as they remembered how the old and new workers of their vineyard complained to the other town people about the woman's strict attitude. They continued to rewind and catch up to some things that they were not able to do regularly, a one day event that Alessa had wished to last longer.

"Alessa." Their laughter died down and was replaced with seriousness. The woman replied.

"Yes?"

Alfonso sigh and faked a cough. "Do you remember your 18th birthday? The man I introduced to you?"

The happiness in her eyes changed into something dark and serious. "Why? Was it about the marriage that they were proposing papa? I've told you already, I'm not and will never be interested in marrying him, I'm planning to solemnly admit myself to a convent, and you know that we've already talked about this, right? You've already known my answer." She stood up her eyes raged in anger, bringing up such topic about getting married to someone she merely knew was never been a good matter for Alessa, from the very first time when his father told her that she was getting married, the plans on how she would like to live her life needed to be changed from what she wanted to, from supposedly to become a teacher to a co-owner of their own hacienda and now, she just realized that convent was her final destination just so she can escaped the cruel hierarchy that her family continued.