Now, in the midst of the Second Wizarding War they were losing, she still stuck by his side. They had lost so many people, including Ron Weasley, who had sacrificed his life for Hermione Granger, his love. They lost so many lives, The Weasley twins, Arthur Weasley, Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, and so many others.

The member of the Light had fallen into a terrible state of depression, but Lilith had to stay strong for everyone who lived and who lost their lives. So she kept her head up. She was one of the last members of the Order of the Phoenix to live, alongside with Hermione Granger, her sort-of student and sister figure, and Harry Potter, the boy who lived.

Currently, the three were camping near the borders of a forest somewhere near Godric Hollows, they had successfully destroyed 4 horcruxes, and there were 2 left that they had to find, Nagini, and Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem, which they found out was located in Hogwarts. However, the school had been taken over by the Death Eaters, which of course led to the torture and murder of half-bloods and muggle-borns.

The three friends were huddled inside a small tent in the middle of the woods. They were all discussing their next move. They were running out of options, Voldemort was too powerful.

"We go for the snake." Harry decided.

"Are you insane? Nagini sticks to his master! We go for her, we go for him!" Hermione hissed, it was obvious she was frustrated.

"Harry, you need to think this through, it's a death wish." Lilith shook her head.

"We don't have any other options, Li." Harry sighed, tilting his head back in frustration.

It was evident the trio were desperate to do something-- anything, to stop him.

"Harry, we have no chance of facing him." Lilith tried to talk some sense to him, but the boy simply glanced at her, "What other choice do we have? If we keep hiding, he will get stronger and we will have less chance on beating him."

Harry sighed and rubbed his hands together, a habit he picked up during the run whenever he felt anxious, Lilith noticed.

"We've got to do something. And right now."

"Harry." Hermione started, she was thinking this through, unlike her best friend who was willing to risk everything to do that. "We're not going to win against him. It's impossible."

"Then we die trying." He quietly answered, glancing at Lilith who had been silently staring ahead. Lilith seemed to not notice when the two bestfriends glance at each other.

They were having a silent conversation through their eyes, and Harry finally broke it with a small, unnoticeable nod to Hermione who closed her eyes in fear.

"He's right, 'Mione. As much as I hate to admit it, we're stuck at a dead end. If we go to Hogwarts, they'll start killing students just to lure us out." She sighed.

The muggle-born witch looked desperate for any other option, but she knew, that once her mentor agreed on something, there was no options left.

"Alright."

----

And so, the trio prepared a last meal, knowing that there was a small chance that they would walk out of the battle alive. The last meal wasn't much, just two pieces of bread, and a drink in each flask.

They had a normal conversation, for the first time in what felt like forever, not wanting to spend the last meal of their lives talking about the war. As they finally finished their meal, they took a huge gulp of their drink.