CHAPTER 12

"I was amazed by what is your reason that made you not accept the project last week. That's so brave of you, Dariantha. That's one of the reasons why I really like you."

I read the mail that the anonymous man gave with the flower. I just found this sa harap ng pintuan namin pagkagising ko. I woke up at 3:30 in the morning, so ako ang naunang nagising kaya ako rin ang unang nakakita.

Mom and Dalton were still both asleep. And here am I, in my room, reading this mail. At dahil dito, mas lalo lang talaga lumakas ang theory about who it really was. If the time comes that he will finally show his self, baka hindi na ako magulat.

Instead, baka puro kilig, saya at baka matawa pa ako when that time comes. Saya at kilig because like I told you before, this is so sweet of him. Who would think of this way as courting the woman that you like, right?

Well, it's just him.  It's only him.

Baka matawa ako kasi kung siya nga, I can imagine him now being awkward. And I can imagine his pretty funny face.

Bigla akong napatayo when I heard a knock on my door. I immediately hid the mail and put the flower in the flower vase. I opened the door and saw Mom. "Yes, Mom?" I asked, smiling.

"I just want to ask you kung lumabas ka ba kanina. Naka-open kasi ng kaunti ang pintuan natin kaya tinanong ko ang kapatid mo if it's him, pero hindi raw. Kaya nandito ako ngayon to ask you the same question, Dari."

Right. I forgot to close the door well because of so much curiosity and excitement to read the mail that he sent. I nodded, awkwardly smiling now. "Yes, Mom, it's me. I'm sorry if I didn't close it well."

"It's okay. Nag-alala lang ako dahil baka magnanakaw iyon, and we're only three here. Sige, you can continue kung ano man ang ginagawa. Sorry kung naistorbo kita, Dari." Umalis na si Mom after it.

We're only three here because it's Saturday again. Halos isang linggo ring hindi siya nagpadala ng flowers that made me wonder kung bakit. Not until I saw the mail and the flower earlier. Nag-start ulit siyang magbigay ng flower.

Pagdating ng 6:00 AM, kumakain na kami ni Dalton. Fortunately, we have a new project now. And it's not romance, so I'm kinda excited dahil ngayon ang unang araw ng shooting namin. 

After we ate, nagpa-alam na kaming dalawa ni Dalton kay Mom before we went to the same address na binigay ng mga manager namin. Si Lynn lang ang nakita namin doon because Ackley and Kaid have other projects too. 

Pero of course, hindi sila magkapareho ng project. Knowing them, it might turn out chaotic.

Lynn and I went to our make-up artists at nagbihis after mag-make-up. "Finally, Dalton will be my boyfriend here in this project. Grabe, excited ako na kabado, Dari. Hindi pa naman ito romance katulad ng ibang projects na ginagawa natin," she told me, shaking her hands beneath her.

She really looks nervous. Well, pareho lang naman kami.

"Don't worry, Lynn, I'm sure that this will turn out great. Also, we have to go outside our comfort zones din naman kaya maganda 'to para panimula. Because like you said, ang comfort zone natin ay romance movies. But this isn't."

We smiled to each other before the director called us. Inayos muna sandali ang lightnings habang nakatingin ako kay Dalton na halata mong kabado rin while reading the project. Binasa ko rin ang gagawin naming project habang hindi pa nag-s-start.

This is a mystery/thriller movie. I was the protagonist, while my brother and Lynn were the other protagonists. We were all friends with each other since high school, and Lynn and Dalton in their characters were dating since high school also.