Lies

I got up and quickly got ready so i could have enough time to send my father an owl before breakfast. I also added that it would be a great help if he replied as soon as possible and i had left out the part that it was me who felt the shock. I sent the letter with Isa(my owl) and went about my day. Tom hadn't talked to me all day nor had i seen him in class, which was odd he never skipped class. I was eating dinner in the hall when a letter came. I opened it and began reading:

      Dear Aurelia,
                           I am doing well how are you? And to answer your question about the shock that your friend felt.. that happens when you meet your soulmate. It's not a ordinary soulmate connection though, it represents a powerful connection. Powerful indeed but also very dangerous. I suggest you tell your friend to stay away from whomever she had that connection with.
                                                 With Love~ father

      I felt like there was a lump in my throat. I felt overwhelmed. All i knew is that i had to find Tom. I quickly got up and went to the dorms to try and find him. I finally found him laying on his bed with no care in the world. I looked at him and felt my head pounding. I gripped the door frame tightly to stop myself from falling but it was too late. My vision went black. I woke up to something sliding against my arm. I quickly sat up but eased up once i saw Nagini next to my arm. I looked around and realized i'm in Tom's bed. I looked around and saw him laying on the bed next to mines.

    "Finally you're awake" groaned Tom.

     "What's wrong with you?" i asked because he didn't look too good himself.

     "I had a bloody headache all day. What happened to you?" he asked. I was stunned that he also had a headache, in that moment i remembered the letter which wasn't in my hand anymore.

   "Tom where's the letter that was in my hand?"

    "Oh that? I read it then burned it." he said without any hint of emotion.

    "What the hell did you do that for!?!" i said as i quickly got up.

      "Wouldn't want anyone else to read that now would i?" he said.

      "Well you read it so now you know what it meant. Now no more kissing me or any sort of thing like that. I never want to see you again Tom Riddle." i was about to leave the room when he spoke.

       "I like a challenge" he laughed. I was furious but left. I didn't even realize what i was wearing until now, i was in a big plain white button up shirt. I quickly turned around and went back into his dorm.

      "Did you 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒 me?" i hissed

       "Maybe. Maybe not. I guess you'll never know" he said with a smirk.

      "Ugh i hate you" i said before i left. I could feel my cheeks burning up but i fought it off.

  I was bringing back Tom's shirt when i heard whispering. I put my ear near the door and tried to listen.

   "I am asking her out soon"

    "Be quicker... yours...someones here."

     I quickly ran off and pretended that i just left my dorm.

    "Oh hi Tom since you're out of your dorm you saved me the trouble of going there. Here's your shirt!" i threw it at him and quickly walked into my dorm and let out a sigh of relief. I had a giant smile on my face, i think Tom might ask me out!! Then i remembered Duncan, but i had such a unique connection with Tom which i knew was bad but it felt so right. As much as i wanted to deny it i knew i would go for Tom without any hesitation and i hated myself for it.