Jealousy

It was nearly 11 and i was conflicted. I didn't know if i should go or not, Tom was completely rude to me but i also wanted to know what he needs from me. I reluctantly decided to go. I did a light knock on the door and it swung open. I walked in and it looked like everyone was awake still. Tom gave them a stern look and they got up and left the room.

    "What do you need Tom?" i asked

     "Is it true? That you want power" he was pacing back and forth like a madman.

       "Tom i don't understand why you need to know, it doesn't involve you at all." i said as i tapped his shoulder. He quickly turned around and looked down at me.

    "I'll find out anyways. There's no way in hell that you'll be more powerful than me." he scoffed.

    "Is that what this is about? You're scared i'll be better than you?" i laughed.

    "Do not laugh at me." he hissed.

     "I'll be leaving then." i said and quickly walked out before he stopped me. I couldn't sleep, i kept tossing around thinking about what Tom had said. And to be honest, i myself didn't know if i really did want it. Sometimes i scared myself with my own thoughts. Eventually the sunshine shone through the window and i got dressed and headed to the library. I saw Tom there but avoided walking near him. He was with some girl but when was he not surrounded by girls. For some odd reason i felt like shoving that girl away from him. But i shook my head and pushed the feeling back and went to find Elizabeth. I found her in the dining hall and sat next to her.

     "I've seen you with Duncan." she said in a cold tone.

      "Are you mad at me?" i asked

       "Yeah i am. You haven't talked to me since i told you we have to switch classes." she said as she took a bite out of her bread.

      "I'm sorry i've been busy i'll fill you in today i promise. Actually-" i got up and grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the hall. I found a quiet place and told her everything about Tom and Duncan.

    "Y-you speak parseltongue?" she said with a shaky voice.

    "You sound scared why do you sound scared." i frowned.

     "I'm sorry that was just a lot, especially the bit about Tom." she gave me a hug. "Are you excited for the Yule Ball?" she asked. It completely slipped my mind that it's coming up, i was so caught up in my own mess.

      "Uhh no" i said with a laugh

      "Of course you don't, we can go dress shopping later today!" she said. I nodded and went off to class. It was a simple and efficient day. Potions was quiet today, Tom wouldn't even look at me. I was happy it peaceful, i could finally focus on my work. Finally school ended and Elizabeth and i went to find a dress. After trying on a few dresses i lost all hope of finding one until, "How about this one?" i turned around and see Duncan holding up a black ball gown with silver sparkles all around. I grabbed the dress and tried it on as quickly as i could. I looked in the mirror and absolutely adored it. I walked out and saw Duncan's jaw drop and Elizabeth spun around to face me.

      "THAT ONE IS PERFECT!!!" she said with a big grin. Duncan gave me a small nod with a smile. I got changed quickly and went with Duncan on Elizabeth's command. He took me to a beautiful tree that slowly dropped flowers down. "Will you go to the ball with me?"

   "YES!" i wrapped my arms around him to give him a big hug.

   Later that night i got ready for the ball, i put my dress on and my shoes. I stepped out of my dorm and saw Tom in a tux. We made eye contact until he began lowering his eyes to look at the rest of me. I quickly stormed off before he could get a full look. I found Duncan and we walked into the ball together, my arm wrapped around his. He was wearing quite a weird suit, it actually wasn't a suit. It had ruffles in the front and was a odd color. It wasn't the most appealing but he managed to pull it off, kind off. We danced and danced until i had to take a break from the music. As soon as i stepped outside i was pushed against the pillar and soft warm lips pressed against mines. The kiss deepened until i realized who it was. I pushed him away from me.

    "WHAT THE HELL-" i saw Duncan walking away. "Duncan wait i can explain!" i shouted but he didn't turn around. A hand wrapped around my wrist to hold me back. Tears began streaming down my cheeks.

    "Look at me." he said

     "I don't want too." i said trying to stop the tears. He pulled me back so i would look at him.

      "Imagine all the power we could have together.." my eyes widened in shock. He really only did care about power.

      "I DON'T CARE ABOUT POWER TOM YOU RUINED MY NIGHT!" i began sobbing at this point. I felt horrible for what Duncan had to see because of this idiot. Tom pulled me closer, now with a gap of less than an inch between us. I tried pushing him away. "I hate you Tom. Do you hear me? I ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑒 you Tom Marvolo Riddle!" i started to yell that repeatedly at him and pushing him away. Soon i ran out of energy and began to slowly sit on the ground. "I hate you. I hate you." i kept mumbling with tears blurring my vision. I felt his arms around me as i sat down. I put my head against his chest and cried.

     "I know you didn't want to hurt him." he whispered as he slowly helped me get up. He helped me to my dorm even though i attempted to get away from him, but i enjoyed his obnoxious presence and how he was so full of mystery. He helped me sit on my bed and walked out without saying a word. I guess he just didn't know what to say. I took my heels off and threw them at the wall. I didn't even both changing, i just curled up on my bed and fell asleep.