Plans

I was about to say something but before i could he dragged me away by my arm. He was walking so fast the wind kept slapping my face. I looked up at him in fear but he didn't even turn around once to look at me. Finally we got back to the common room and he pushed me into a seat. My skirt flew up and i quickly pushed it down before he saw anything, i felt my cheeks burning up from embarrassment. He bent down to meet my eyes and said, "What kind of power do you want." i just looked at him and blinked a few times. I was taken back that he was asking this 𝑛𝑜𝑤.

   "None that has to do with you Tom now move-" he held me against the couch, his hands pinning back my shoulders.

   "I asked a question and i do not like to repeat myself." he said in a scowl.

   "Why do you want to know?" i said as i rolled my eyes.

   "Well you are learning parseltongue are you not? Now what kind of witch needs to know that? Unless of course you're planning to go dark." he said coldly.

   "I'm not going dark now leave me alone." i spoke in a louder and stronger tone now.

   "I'll let you go for now but i keep a close eye on my enemies, better watch out for yourself." he said as he got up and moved to the side.

   "Enemies? Really Tom?" i scoffed.

    "You are trying to get to the top and so am i, so that means you're my enemy." he said. I turned my back to him and walked out of the dorm to go on a walk to clear my head. I wasn't going to use parseltongue in a bad way..it was just to scare others. And now Tom Riddle was my enemy which is the worst thing possible at this school. I looked up seconds before i ran into someone.

   "Ouch-" i looked up and saw Duncan Weasley.

   "You ok? You're Aurelia right?" he said with a light laugh.

   "Yeah thats mee! You're Duncan from charms class right?" i said with a smile.

  "Yup! What are you doing out so late?" he asked. I shivered in the cold breeze and he must've seen because he took his jacket off and put it on my shoulders. "You should get back to your dorm." he said and he walked me back. We laughed and talked the whole walk back.

  "Well do you want to hang out tomorrow by any chance?" he asked and i could tell he was shy. I nodded and went into my dorm. I was relieved to not see Tom in the common room. I quickly went to my room and fell asleep. The next morning i woke up and realized i still had his jacket. I got dressed and went to find him. I soon found him in the library. I was out of breath from running around the entire school to find him.

   "Hey! Duncan i have your jacket" i handed it to him. He grabbed it and gave me a smile.

    "Do you maybe want to hang out today?"  I saw Tom in the back, i guess he was serious about the enemy thing.

  "Yeah sure, can we grab something from the dining hall first i'm starving from all that running." i said with a laugh, he nodded and we walked to the dinning hall. We did get some looks since it wasn't normal for a Slytherin and Gryffindor to hang out together. I decided to skip going to the dining hall, i knew we would get stares in there. We spent the whole day together and he walked me to all my classes, until we got to potions.

  "I think i'll walk to potions myself.." i didn't want Tom to see him with me again, if we really are enemies he'd use anything against me.

   "Alright i'll see you around then" he gave me a hug and left. I took a deep breath and walked in. Tom was already there writing in his potions notebook. I quietly sat next to him in hopes he wouldn't talk to me. I was wrong.

    "Was that you with Weasley? You amuse me Aurelia" i didn't reply to him, he grabbed my hand and held it so tight i thought it would break.

  "Tom let go you're hurting me!" i tried to get my hand out of his grasp but it didn't work.

  "Remember i keep my enemies closer than my friends" did he even have friends? I've never seen him talking to anyone.

  "You don't have friends Tom now leave me alone. I'm watching your moves too." i said fiercely. Soon Professor walked in and Tom sat up straight. He would try to ruin my answers so i would get them wrong but it never worked. 

   "My oh my slow down you two i can't keep up!" said Professor Slughorn with a smile. I shot Tom an annoyed look and he looked at me with anger. Soon enough class was over and was walking to Duncan when my arm was pulled. Only one person had a habit of dragging me by my arm, Tom.

   "You have got to stop pulling my arm before you rip it off" i said.

   "Tell me what spell do you use." i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

  "Spell? For what" i asked

"To cheat that explains why you know everything." he said.

  "You're insane-" he cut me off.

   "My dorm at 11 tonight. I will see if what Nagini says is true" he whispered. He let go of my arm and i quickly walked away. I wasn't going to go, or was i?