deep end

Tom was still upset at me for telling him to stay away from the Horcruxs. He ignored me the whole day. I could hear the whispers as i walked by everyone.

"She's alone today"

"Do you think they broke up?"

"I can hear you." i said loudly to make sure they heard me, they instantly went silent and scurried off.

Later that night i went into Tom's dorm. "Out boys." i said as i walked over to Tom's bed and stood at the foot of the bed. He laid in bed with his shirt unbuttoned, hair messy, eyes were tired as if he hasn't slept for days.

"Tom." i stated. He sighed and out his book down and his hands behind his head and looked up at me

"What now" he asked uninterested

"You are such a bitch" i look at him stunned how he was so arrogant

"Do not even begin with name calling-"he quickly got up and towered over me, "-because last time i checked you were my little bitch." he hissed

"You don't scare me." our faces an inch apart

"I could kill you right now and no one would even care" he smirked

"But you wont. Because YOU need ME. Without me you're nothing." i emphasized on nothing because he truly was incomplete without me

"You would be a good help but i don't NEED you. Don't get it mixed up sweetheart." he chuckled and leaned closer to my ear, "clearly that mark of mine engraved in your skin is messing with your head." he whispered before he stood straight again.

"Let's see how you do without me" i smiled and i got closer to his lips and ran my hand through his hair. He leaned in and i quickly backed up. "See you around Tom" i waved as i walked out.

———————————————————————————
TWO WEEKS LATER

Tom and i hadn't spoken a word to each other since our small argument. We had our moments where we wouldn't break eye contact for a long time. It wasn't a "i miss you" stare but a analytical one. We were studying each other, seeing how well we were doing without each other. And i concluded we were doing horrible. I couldn't focus on anything and was falling behind and Tom was off his game too. In class he would raise his hand but blank out and then he'd get even more frustrated and storm out as soon as class was dismissed.

After my last class i headed over to the bathroom for a smoke. As soon as i walked in i heard the door slam twice. I turned around and saw Tom. He looked like a complete mess, he was breaking. THE Tom Marvolo Riddle was breaking and i was the reason. I felt accomplished.

"Aww miss me Tom?" i laughed as i put my bag down

"Drop the fucking act now Aurelia." he snapped back

"Are you ok?" i walked up to his and held his face in my hand as i examined his face. I was concerned.

"NO DO I LOOK OK? I can't sleep, i can't focus i can barely FUNCTION." his voice was panicky. I could tell he hadn't slept for days. "First i thought you out a love potion on me but then i realized you hadn't. I was confused i was lost but then i stopped fighting and just accepted it." my hands were still holding his face. I pushed his messy curls back and looked at him confused.

"Accepted what?"

"I may not be able to love but i am capable of caring. Well maybe not exactly caring but i seem to have formed some strange attachment to you and i can't seem to shake it off." it looked like it was difficult for him to say that