Threats

The next morning i could barely even wake up, i was so exhausted from last night. I dragged myself to get ready and headed to the dining hall. I walked in and saw Tom surrounded by girls, that was a daily thing now. There was no girl at the school who didn't fancy Tom, well except me and about 2 other girls. Today was finals and i ℎ𝑎𝑑 to get higher marks than Tom.

"You alright mate?" said Elizabeth as she came and sat next to me. I nodded and immediately went back to reading. I had a weird feeling like i was being watched. I look up and see Tom staring at me, we held eye contact until i felt a sharp pain in my head. It was as if he was trying to get in my head. I shuddered. I decided to go back to the common room and find Nagini while Tom was still out. I snuck into his dorm and called out for Nagini. I found her and began telling her what just happened and asked her if it was possible, if he could get in peoples heads. She pointed her head to a trunk under his bed which i reluctantly opened, she told me to look for a black leather diary with gold engravings. I found it and began looking through it.

Hours must've passed as i read through his diary. I learnt that he was an orphan, he despised his father, and he is a half blood. And to my surprise i found out he's the heir of Slytherin and can get into minds but he still had to master it. My eyes widened as i kept reading. He wanted power not because he wanted respect, he wanted to be 𝑓𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑑. He was planning on being the most powerful wizard and everyone would know his name but not dare speak it. Suddenly i heard someone clear their throat. I quickly sat up and fixed my skirt, it was Jackson.

"Going through Riddles stuff? Didn't know you were one of those girls." he said with a laugh.

"I am not one of those girls, and i was only going through his stuff because Nagini told me-" i realized what i just said and covered my mouth with my hand. Jackson's eyes widened.

"Nagini? You mean Toms snake? B-but you have to know parseltongue.." he stepped back a couple small steps. I nodded quickly.

"Jackson you have to listen to me please sit down let me explain." i pleaded, i couldn't have him going around telling everyone.

"Jackson what did we say about boundaries-" Tom stopped speaking when he saw me. He looked at his diary in 𝑚𝑦 hands. "Jackson out 𝑛𝑜𝑤" he said as he walked up to me. I gulped and tried to hide the diary which was dumb. "What are you doing with my stuff." he towered over me his jaw was clenched.

"Nagini told me to-" he cut me off.

"NAGINI WOULD NEVER BETRAY ME DO NOT LIE TO ME" he yelled.

"She did just ask her" i said in a low tone i was too scared to speak loud in front of him after reading what he's capable of. Nagini intervened, she said i will understand and that i want the same thing. I did want power but i didn't want to go to the extremes he wanted to go, or i think i don't. Tom suddenly grabbed me by my arm making me stand up.

He looked down at me keeping eye contact and said, "You're lucky she has faith in you." he pushed me and walked out with Nagini behind him. I fixed my shirt and started to think what she meant that i would understand. Sometimes i think she knows more about me than i know about myself. I shrugged it off and went to sleep. The week passed and finals were over, i was planning on staying at Hogwarts during break to try and see my results before everyone else. I walked in headmasters office when i saw Tom. I should've known he was going to be here. I gave him a disgusted look.

"Aurelia, i'm guessing you are here for the same thing as Mr.Riddle. I might as well let you know you both got the same results." i was shocked and i could see Tom was too, we looked at each other in hatred and back at headmaster.

"There must be a mistake!" said Tom. I rolled my eyes he was so full of himself. We eventually gave up reasoning and left, as we stepped out Tom grabbed my arm and said, "I have to talk to you."