Chapter One

Louis Tomlinson. School jock, the most popular boy in school. He was attractive no questions asked. Everyone thought that, even the straight guys knew he was attractive. He was of course their competition. I, Niall Horan, school's biggest nerd, thought so too. 

I thought he was attractive yeah, but it doesn't mean I like him. I don't by the way, he is too... Up himself. He thinks he's better than everyone else, just because he's the captain of the soccer team and can get anyone he wants. Okay, maybe he can think he's better than everyone. But that doesn't mean he has to act like it. 

It was the first day back at school after winter break and I was not looking forward to it. I was a nerd, sure, but doesn't mean I like school. Quite the opposite actually, I hate it. The answer as to why I hate it is quite simple. I get bullied almost every day. By who you ask? The soccer team, but not Louis, he tends to do other "important" things, so I've heard him say. 

I do have friends, two, Chelsea and Brodie. But they're not like me, really. They're what society calls average in school. They tend to talk to anyone and be accepted, but not really class any other people as friends. I guess I'm the acception. Maybe that's because the three of us have lived in the same street, pretty much next to each other for years. Since we were babies. 

"Hey Ni" Chelsea chirped as she greeted me with a wide grin. Chelsea was a beautiful girl. Her hair was dark brown with slightly lighter, natural, highlights through her hair. She was the perfect size, weight wise, and she just had the body all boys drool over. 

"Hi Chels" I replied and closed my locker, pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose. 

"Have you seen Brodie today? He was supposed to meet me by my locker" Chelsea asked me, adjusting her bag over her shoulder. 

Brodie and her have an odd relationship. They're not dating, they're friends. It's their immediate answer whenever someone asks them if they're together. Yet whenever they're alone with me they subtly mention that they like the other. They've made out drunkenly at parties, maybe even hooked up, but yet, they haven't got together yet. 

"No, I haven't sorry" I replied apologetically. 

She just shrugged and we continued to walk into the courtyard, spending as much time outside as we could before the day begun and we had to be stay inside the stuffy rooms full of students. 

We chose an empty table and sat down. putting our bags on the ground by our feet. I looked around the courtyard, as I did my eyes fell onto the soccer players table. There were a lot of them, so it made it hard for everyone to sit at once. So, there were a few sitting on the chairs, some on the table and some standing. 

Louis was one of the selected few on the table. He was laughing with the rest of the table at what someone said. I liked when Louis smiled, it made him look more attractive. But I still didn't like him. 

His eyes caught mine, a smirk played on his lips then he turned away, I looked away and went back to Chelsea who was rambling on about Brodie.

"....He just stopped texting me, do you find that weird? I do, I mean, he's never done that before" 

"Maybe he got caught up in something?" I suggested. "You know Brodie, he always has to do something with his family, or he got occupied with games" she nodded. 

Minutes passed and we chatted amongst ourselves, not wanting the bell to go soon, though we knew it would be going. What neither of us expected though, was for Brodie to show up and sit down with a wide grin. 

"Hi" I said, but it went ignored. He moved himself closer to Chelsea and before any of us could mutter another word, Brodie pulled Chelsea into his body and kissed her. I was quite shocked. This is not how I imagined the first day of school to start. 

The bell rung, and Chelsea and Brodie pulled away and smiled at each other. It was like that kiss said the question the two of them had been dying to ask each other for years. Brodie cupped her cheek and they kissed one last time, leaving me to get up and walk to class alone. 

I did that, I left the new couple to themselves and walked to class. On the way I kept my head down and to myself. I didn't need a reason for anyone to pick on me. Especially before the first lesson.

"Watch it faggot" a strong voice said and pushed me to the ground. Multiple laughs surrounded me as I fell to the ground, skinning my knees and hands on the ashfelt. My glasses fell to ground, and I quickly retrived them before they could break them. 

"Come on gay boy. Get up" I did as they said. I knew more then likley I'd be pushed back down anyway, and I was right. The second I stood up, I was pushed down. 

They laughed and then walked away, the rest of the group following. Immediately I had two sets of hands pulling me up to my feet.

"Gee, the first bell just went and you're already knocked to the ground" Chelsea said, disgust evident in her voice.

"Yeah well, I can't be perfect like they want me to be" I replied through a sigh.

"Do you need the nurse to have a look?" Brodie piped in, pushing his black hair out of his face.

"I should see the nurse. Get it cleaned and all that" I said and waved my hand around aimlessly. "Go to class, I'll talk to you later"

With a fake smile I pulled my bag over my shoulder and headed down to the nurse's office. Her and I were close now. After being in there more then I wasn't, we bonded a little.

I found out her name is Delilah and that she has four kids. She told me about her wedding and grandchildren. In return I told her about my life at home. Which was a normal teenage boys life. Well, normalgay teenage boy.

As soon as I stepped in Delilah looked at me in shock and said the same words Chelsea had said earlier. She didn't like that people bullied me for no reason, but it was highschool and the reason was simple. I'm a nerd, and they're jocks.

"I just need it cleaned" I explained and walked to the bed where she attends to people.

I sat on the bed while she went to grab the alcohol swabs from her stash and then walked over to me. She sat on a stool in front of me to get better access to my knees. 

"Have you thought of talking to someone else about this?" She asked me curiously. The smell of the alcohol filling my senses. "You can't keep going through this"

"Delilah, do you think it would do me any good to go to the principal?" I rose an eyebrow.

"Maybe you should learn self defence." She suggested. We shared a laugh as she stood up and took my hand in hers to clean. "Seriously though. Maybe you should"

"It's definitely something I'll think about" she smiled at me.

"Good. Something needs to be done "

-

I took a deep breath as I put my hand on the door knob and pushed it open. Awkwardly I stood there, pink slip in my hand as everyone looked at me.

"Mr Horan. It's nice of you to join us" the chemistry teacher said in a condescending tone.

"Sorry I was in the nurse's office" my eyes drifted offto the corner of the room where the two that pushed me sat, a smirk on their faces. 

I walked to the teacher and handed him the note then retreated to my seat in the middle of the classroom. The teacher then continued on with his explanation of what chemicals to add and which to not add. Then talked to us about the upcoming assignments and projects we'd be having. 

I sighed. I really didn't like chemistry.

A/N Hey, here's the first chapter, I hope you will all enjoy it :)