The guard nods to Jard to indicate that she is secure, and he smiles at her. "Follow me, I think you will like this."

The guard moves behind Evian, as Jard strides from the guard's area of the small cells out through the main door to her section of the holding area for the Moles. They pass only one cell where there are Moles waiting quietly to be processed. Evian wants to cry out to them and let them know what is really going to happen to them, but knows that it will do her no good or the poor people sitting quietly as they wait for their turn at the rail.

They move past the meeting room where the stools sit in front of the tall podium in front of the picture of the important looking Shril. Jard continues to The Sphere chamber with Evian following close behind, till her feet start to burn on the floor that is rapidly getting hotter. She stops when she cannot go any farther. The guard does not force her but stands behind her as Jard moves deeper into the chamber. He moves off to the right and out of sight for a moment, as she waits for him to return. He does, with a round object hanging from a sturdy chain around his neck.

Evian stares at the object, knowing that it is what Adam needs to enter The Sphere, so they can escape this madness. Jard smiles as he sees Evian staring at the object. "So, you do know what this is, and I suspect that you also know that it is the only thing that will get you home again."

Evian looks away, not wanting to give him any satisfaction. "I have only seen a picture of it, but I do not know how it works."

"I bet your partner does. He is the smart one, isn't he? I bet he has already told you what it can do, and how desperately the two of you need it if you hope to escape from here and return to his home again."

Evian tries to back up some because her feet are starting to burn the longer, she stands this close to the Sphere Chamber and the open lava pit below it. "What is it that you want from me?"

"I just want to show you how this device works, and how easy it is to use," smiles Jard, taking even more pleasure at showing his teeth.

She backs into the guard behind her as Jard slowly approaches. He stops right in front of her, and looks down into her eyes, as she is forced to tilt her head back. The guard reaches out and picks her up with one hand on each of her hips, effortlessly lifting her so she can look straight at Jarl, so close to his gaping mouth and sharp teeth that she can smell his foul breath.

Jard reaches out and wraps an arm around her, taking her bodily from the guard to rest on his left side as he holds up the Sphere device and points it at the Sphere. He hits the center round button, and the side opens smoothly, just like it did when Adam managed to hit the right spot with the laser pointer, back on Ver.

She watches closely what he does with the device, hoping that at some point she can let Adam know how Jard had used it to control the Sphere. He carries her to the side of the Sphere, and steps into the interior. Another tap on the center button closes the opening, plunging them into darkness again for a moment till the interior lights up like the last time.

She is drawn to the lights and the symbols, marveling at the complexity of the inner workings of the Sphere but instead forces herself to keep an eye on the device itself.

She watches closely as Jard manipulates the device. There are four sections, or separate buttons arranged around the outer edge, framing the center round button. The left one moves the small lights to right in front of their position, while the right one makes the image bigger. Jard enlarges the image in front of them till it fills the whole space by continuously pushing the top part of the right button. "Where would you like to go, my dear?"

She stares at the glowing red planet being displayed in front of her. It looks so angry and red hot that she can almost feel the heat coming from the surface, even though it is just a representation of the planet. "I don't know. You are the one controlling the device."