Shining star🌟

It was 2pm of the day, therefore the roads of Malibu were quite due to heat.

"You know what!!! a girl like you really don't have to work her ass out in this general store to make money."

A young tall brunette boy told Camila while picking things from the basket and putting it on the counter.

"Come on Ethan... don't start it again, we have already discussed all that,  you know very well what this place means to me, I can't left it for my stupid dreams." Camila told Ethan and handed him his bill.

"Camila you are too stubborn for this world." Ethan said with the defeated look.

"At least I'm not annoying like you!" Camila shouted at now leaving Ethan, who turned to say "Yah!! Thanku" and left the store.

Ethan was one of Camila's oldest friend and knew almost every thing about her. His parents were shifted along with Camila's parents from Cuba to settle in California. Ethan's parents own a famous bakery in Malibu and his mother was a great cook. Camila and her family always enjoyed spending time with them. Her father opened his own general  store after shifting in Malibu. She had spent her childhood and most of her teenage with a great comfort but a sad incident happened which put her family in a difficult situation. She was 16 when her father lost his legs in an accident. They spent all their savings in his treatment and her mother started to look after their store. Unfortunately their wasn't left anything like before and she had to leave her studies and hostel in LA to come back and help her mother. Her dream of studying in music school and becoming a singer didn't come true.

Ethan knew Camila had really good voice. He kept persuading Camila to participate in different talent shows and try out her luck. But Camila had made her mind. She knew if she'll put her leg into this then she'll not be able to take care of her father's super store. She knew it's not easy to gain attention of people and tell them I'm a good singer. She had a handicapped father, her mother and little sister, she couldn't leave them to fullfil her dreams. Ethan always came to buy grocery for his bakery from her store. It was not only because they were their old customers but also his family wanted to support them. He  had faith in Camila that she had alot of potential in singing, he always told her that she is different, her vocals are not something common but she didn't listen to him.

               ......................................

"Happy birthday to you.. Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to you dear Shawn... Happy birthday to you..."

Everyone was clapping and shouting at Shawn as he blew the candles and cut the cake of his 21st birthday. He was so happy to be around his parents, sister and friends. He really missed them on tour. Finally it came to an end. He was sipping his glass of wine when someone grabbed his arm to turn him around.

"Shawn! happy birthday babe" Hailey said while smiling with a black gift box in her hand.

"Oh!! thanku, Hailey!!"
Shawn said with coldness.

"Your welcome!!! Look I brought your gift." Hailey told him

"Oh really, what is it?" He asked pretending to be interested.

"See yourself" she told him while handing him the box. He loosened the ribbon and opened to see the most expensive black rolex watch.

"Oh that's really nice actually, I love it, thanx."  He said trying his best to act like he's really impressed by her choice.

"This is not your only gift." Hailey placed her hand on his chest with the other hand on his face, pulling him close, reaching to his ear "I've something to show you tonight handsome" she whispered in his ear.