Chapter 30 - Favour!!

🍁"I Was Social Distancing Before It Was Cool"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryce's P.O.V.

Caleb disappointed me. Out of all the people he was the one I trusted a little bit and today, he broke that trust. He should have told me that I'm not someone special with whom he will go out alone for hangout. He should have used the right kind of words to show me my position in his life instead of slapping it on my face by lying to me like this. I was on verge of crying but my tears are for worthy people. Caleb lost that.

They say love and hate has a very thin line. The person you adore the most, the person who fills your boring world into colourful rainbow type dream place has the power to turn that happy place to dark, cold and lifeless one. The one who dissolves sweetness in life has the capability to make it bitter as well. Today, I felt bitter inside. But my heart was adamant to defend him and give him the benefits of doubt.

May be his friends tagged along by themselves and he doesn't mean to bring them, my heart made excuses for him.

Caleb and I left all the people whom he calls his friends, at the pizza place and then we walked randomly inside the mall. I stayed quiet. He wanted to talk to me so let him talk. I have nothing to say because if I open my mouth, my voice laced with complaints will greet him. I don't want that.

"Thank you for accepting my invitation", he said and I nodded.

"Thanks for inviting me", I said but I didn't mean it. He motioned me to sit on a bench next to a small coffee place. I nodded and we both sat facing each other. I noticed him. He looked perfect. He smiled at me and I could feel my anger melting away. He should be fined by the law to be so perfect. Period.

"I've something important to ask you", he said and I nodded.

"Go ahead", I said. At least he has the balls to ask me something. I lack that courage.

"Actually, Olin and I are getting engaged next week. I've bought your invitation card as well", he said with dreamy eyes. His statement pinched my heart.

"Congratulations", I said. I gulped down my tears and put on a tight smile.

I should be happy for him. But I'm sad for myself as well.

He forwarded a red coloured envelope towards me. It was his marriage card. I opened it and read it. There was an engagement and a wedding invitation. He was getting married next month.

It's high time now. I must let him go at all costs.

"Bryce, can I ask you a favour?", Caleb said and it made me look up from the card to his eyes.

Anything, my heart said.

"If I could help then I will", I replied.

"Actually only you can help me. Olin wanted to get ready from one of the famous makeup artists. We tried to get her appointment but failed. Olin really wanted to get styled on her wedding by that makeup artist only. I want my girl's happiness and nothing else. Can you please help me? I don't want my girlfriend to be sad", He said. My eyes teared up.