Chapter 24 - A Letter!!

🍁"I Choked On The Words I Never Said,
And Drowned In The Thoughts, I've Never Shared"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyler's P.O.V.

Standing outside her house, I was waiting for Kimberly to show up. I didn't wish Bryce. Why? Because she doesn't care about me. She's busy talking to Brian. Fine. It's her life. Let her decide her priorities. I'm not anywhere near her topmost list of people. I was a fool who baked a cake for her. Why did I want to make her feel special? I'm just a random common stranger for her. That's it. She can enjoy her life. I will not be clinging on to her anymore. That is final. I've made up my mind.

The door of her house opened. I was expecting to see Kimberly but it was the birthday girl herself. Throwing her hoodie over her head, she walked towards me with her eyes glued to the ground. She doesn't even make eye contact with me. But she talks way too friendly with Brian.

Stop thinking about stupid things now, my mind said.

She stood in front of me and passed me the car keys. Looking up holding my eyes with hers, she said, "Kimberly wants to stay over. She asked me to give these keys to you. You can drop her car to her house. Her brother will take the keys from you". I snatched the keys from hand in annoyance. Again that guy. Brian out of nowhere just came and stuck to my life, I feel.

"Cool", I replied clenching my jaws.

"Thank you for baking the cake. It was yummy. You took way too much effort for someone like me. I am really grateful", she said.

"I thought we're friends. Friends do special things for their friend", I reminded her.

"I never had friends. I am new to this. I'm sorry if my earlier response was rude or ignorant. I don't celebrate my birthday, anymore", she said the latter part with a hint of despair.

"Why are you so hopeless? Why do you always complaints?", I asked.

"My parents aren't here with me on my special day. Did I compliant?", She asked looking at me. Her glistening eyes made me speechless. This is the first time ever I had seen some emotions in those cold ice eyes of hers. I looked away. I don't have an answer to her question.

"Leave it. I'm happy that you guys make an effort for me. Thank you. I'll give you all treat tomorrow", she said.

"Ok", I nodded.

"You still haven't wished me, by the way", she said biting her lips and I couldn't help but smile.

She noticed!!

I forwarded my hand towards her. "Happy birthday Bryce bear". She hesitantly holds my hand and said, "Thank-you, Kyler Grace".

This is the first time I'm holding her hand.

She pulled away her hand soon and I pushed my hands inside my jeans pocket. I felt keys on the right side of my pocket.