Chapter 27 - Date Me!!

🍁"I'll Only Have You, If You're Sweeter Than My Solitude"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryce's P.O.V.

I closed the locker with a bang. I was annoyed because of the abdominal cramps spoiling my mood. I gulped down a medicine half an hour ago but it's still not working. I hate this time of the month. Why do girls have to go through all the pain?

Holding my hoodie high on my head, I walked to the canteen. I'm bunking the class. I need coffee and something to eat. I reached canteen and after taking a cup of coffee along with some cookies, I settled myself uncomfortably on a comfortable bench.

The first two sips of coffee down my throat first relaxed my mind, then my throat and I could feel my pain subsiding a bit. I let out a sigh of relief. I was so happy that the canteen was almost empty.

It's been three days since Kyler has missed school. I got news from our teacher Mr. Feltchman that Kyler will not come to school for a few days as his grandmother passed away. I felt bad for him. I wanted to ask him if he's okay but I couldn't muster the courage to call or text him. Kimberly and I submitted our assignment. Kyler will submit it later, I guess. Kyler and I were project partners. He and I are friends now. I remember how he asked me to allow him to stay by side at the church that day. Kyler did make me feel special sometimes.

Since now our project is over. Do I need to stay in touch with him? I don't have any reason to talk to him. Will, he let me go if I ignore him? We're not that close friends yet. I guess I should leave these things on time. Kyler will get busy with his new project partner and his group that he'll forget about me eventually. I will not need to do anything, I guess. His extrovert nature will himself keep him away from me. That's a win win situation for me.

After finishing my coffee and cookies, I scrolled Instagram for some time and listened to some music. One hour passed quite soon. I picked up my bag and left to attend the next class. It was English. I haven't seen Kyler's car in the morning, I feel he'll be absent today also.

I walked inside the class and I saw Kimberly waving her hand at me. I made my way towards her as she has saved a seat for me. Kimberly, the new girl, just like Kyler, she also has gained a lot of popularity because of her looks and her fashion statement. Not forgetting her Porsche. That metal piece is a big deal to have. Kimberly is also the IT girl.

Kimberly despite being popular stays by my side. I don't understand why. A few days ago, whilst I was having lunch alone, she came and sat next to me with her tray of food.

"Why are you eating alone?", She asked that day.

"I don't have any company", I replied.

"From today onwards, you've me", she said whilst flipping her silky hair dramatically.

I laughed at her actions but she kept her words. Every day she texts me to meet her at the canteen and being the modest person she's, she asks me to save a seat for her. I am no longer annoyed by Kimberly's talkative nature because all I've to do is nod, humm and pass a few comments in between her long story. She is like the gossip column. I learnt about a lot of students at the school, all thanks to her. I know everyone because of Kimberly and no one knows me. How amazing life is? Bless me.

I made myself comfortable next to Kimberly. She was busy scrolling her Instagram feed. I opened my notebook and started scribbling mindlessly. I'm not much of a talker. Kimberly is okay with that. She never forces me to talk. I love how flexible she's.