Chapter 42 - Hope!!

🍁"I still hope, It's you and
me in the end" 🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryce's P.O.V.

After finishing our lunch, Kyler and I paid the bill. He let me split the bill. I was amazed at how he didn't pick up a fight this time. He picked up the bag he has with him and placed it on the table. He slid it towards me.

"I know this is a casual meeting for you. But it's a date for me and I bought a gift for you", he said. I didn't expect him to get a gift for me.

"You don't have to", I said as I placed my hands on my lap. I'm too hesitant. Receiving gifts is such a difficult task. It's like you're taking favors. I feel like I'm being a burden on someone. I'm not a gift person. I don't like taking gifts. I don't like giving gifts either. Why can't people keep their money to themselves?

Giving gifts is a form of love. How could you know? You're a loser, my inner self gave me a reality check.

"I know I don't have to but I want to. Can you respect the time and thought I've spent on buying this gift for you by accepting it?", Kyler said.

You spent money as well.

"Thank you", I said as I picked up the bag. I placed it next to me and he raised his eyebrows.

What now?

"Do you want me to open this?", I asked and he nodded positively.

"Now?", I asked again and he left a deep sigh.

"Yes, Bryce. Open it right now", he demanded and I pouted.

Look at him. Acting like Luke. Where are mature boys? Ask them to contact me.

I opened the bag and took out the gift that was wrapped. It was a big box. I looked at Kyler and then started removing the wrapper. I've received too many gifts this year, I thought as I was opening the box. As soon as I opened the gift, a smile made its way on my lips without my knowledge.

It was a hoodie and there was a quote written on it which says, "It's way too People outside".