Chapter 13 - Mistake!!

🍁"Some Days, The World Is Too Loud For A Quiet Soul"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryce's P.O.V.

I sat on the chair around the dining table. Becca sat on my left side. I sat on the corner side so my right side was empty. I glanced at the diary placed on my lap and my heart sank at the thought of someone else reading it. I looked up and found Kyler Grace looking at me only. He looked apologetic. I'm not mad at him but he's making me uncomfortable. I don't understand why is he the only one to get close to me?

That night, he touched me inappropriately by mistake. Now, he read my diary by mistake. He's Caleb's relative. Why am I being linked to him everywhere I go? He's intruding way more in my life. It's not his fault. My destiny is playing games with me. But I'm not the one to cry and blame it on my life. I know how to set boundaries. I've always been a pro at it. Kyler Grace is no exception. I'll be more careful around him from now on.

Dylan and Kyler were sitting in front of us and Annie, Kyler's mom was sitting on the head of the house chair. The one in the centre. She passed us each dish one by one. She had cooked pasta, Manchurian and pizza. In dessert, she had placed ice cream and chocolate fudge. How amazing cook is she?

I placed each dish on my plate because a girl needs to eat. Becca placed one spoon of each and filled her plate with salads. Tell me, she's an alien. She's missing out so much. We've one life as a human. Only in this life, we can enjoy eating everything. Poor she.

Dylan picked up his spoon of pasta and forwarded it to Kyler. He said, "Taste it". Kyler bends down and stuffs his mouth with that spoon of pasta. Looking at Dylan he said, "Yummy". One by one Dylan gave every first bite of his food to Kyler and as soon as Kyler approved them, he ate it.

What's going on?

Annie must have noticed my confused expression because she called out my name and said, "Bryce, this is Dylan's daily routine. He never tastes the food first. Only after Kyler approve of the dish, Dylan ate it".

"That's so adorable", Becca replied from my side.

True!!

I passed Annie a smile and as my eyes met with Kyler, I looked away. I glanced at Dylan. He was busy adoring Becca. I just smiled at how cute he looks. Having no hope of being recognised by the kid, I diverted my attention to the tasty food, Annie made for us.

After I finished eating whilst listening to Becca's non-stop talk and Annie's sweet voice, Dylan's interrupting in between and Kyler's silence, I looked at Annie. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. I must thank her for making good food. But when is the right time to compliment her? Now? But Becca is talking right now. Later? But then we'll say Bye to her. What should I do now? Oh my god. How difficult is it for me to greet people? My palms went sweaty. I gulped the glass of water down my throat.

"Annie, I must say the food and the desserts were really so yummy", Becca said before me. How can she make any conversation so light? How can she bring such an amazing flow in her talks?