Chapter 2

The Super Junior maknae sat down beside Donghae nervously, “What’s up?” he asked. Donghae had asked to talk to him the next day, Kyuhyun thought he knew what it was about.

              “Look, I just wanted to say that I understand how nervous you are about getting married."  Kyuhyun nodded, relieved that Donghae didn’t know about – “But you have to be careful that you won’t –ah- fall for someone else during your engagement.”

                Kyuhyun immediately froze, he tried to calm down, “Yea, whatever hyung, ‘course I won’t fall for someone else.”

                “Kyu- I’m just saying that-“

                “I said WHATEVER hyung, see you later.” He got up and walked away. But Donghae did not give up easily, he ran after Kyuhyun and grabbed his arm.

                “Listen to me Kyu, I can see you like Wookie, but you can’t hurt Sungmin.”

                “Of course I won’t hurt Minnie.” Kyuhyun snapped.

               “And just so you know,” Donghae added, “Ryeowook doesn’t like you like that, so you might as well just forget him and be happy with Sungmin.”

                “Does Wookie like Yesung?”

                Donghae narrowed his eyes, “Who he likes is his business, not yours.” And then Donghae let go of Kyuhyun’s arm and walked away.

                ***

                “Kyuhyunnie! What’s wrong?” Ryeowook asked as he tugged on Kyuhyun’s sleeve, “Why are you acting so weird? Huh? Tell meeeee!”

                They were practicing their dance moves for Mamacita, but the other members had already left, Ryeowook had wanted to stay and practice more and Kyuhyun, well, he wanted to be with Ryeowook, “I keep telling you I’m fine Wookie, don’t worry about me.”

                “Are you nervous about the wedding?” Ryeowook asked, “Don’t worry, everything will be perfect, just as you said.”

              “Yeah, I know…” suddenly, Kyuhyun decided to ask Ryeowook – “Wookie, who do you like?”

                “Yah!” Ryeowook said, getting annoyed, “That’s my business!”

                “What if I call you hyung?”

                The elder boy thought it over, “Okay.” He agreed finally.

                Kyuhyun grinned, but at the same time he felt broken, Donghae had said that Ryeowook didn’t like him, by asking this he was just hurting himself. But curiosity got the best of him, “Please tell me who you like, Ryeowook hyung.” he choked the word hyung out.

                The other boy grinned and leaned in close to Kyuhyun to whisper in his ear. Kyuhyun could feel his hot breathe on his neck and he felt like grabbing Ryeowook and kissing him, “No one.” He whispered before leaning his head back.

                “WHAT?” Kyuhyun demanded, “You tricked me! You tricked me into calling you HYUNG!”

                Ryeowook laughed, suddenly, Kyuhyun could not resist, he put his hand on Wookie’s head and pushed it onto his chest. He could feel Ryeowook’s body tense, they used to do this pretty often but ever since the engagement Kyuhyun did not want to have so much skin ship with the other members so Sungmin wouldn’t get jealous.

                “What are you doing?” Yesung asked as the other members filed back into the room. Ryeowook immediately brought his head up, “Nothing.”

                Donghae gave Kyuhyun a look. Remember what I said.

                Kyuhyun turned away, annoyed of his hyung. Sungmin took Ryeowook’s place beside him and lay his head on Kyu’s shoulder, “Want some lunch?” he offered his fiancé a sandwich. “No thanks.” Kyuhyun declined. He now felt annoyed of Sungmin for being where Ryeowook was, though he knew it was wrong. Maybe. I thought. Maybe I should just break up with Sungmin before the wedding and get it over with. It would be better than living an unhappy life with him. And it would hurt too much to see Ryeowook with someone else. But if I break up with Sungmin he probably wouldn’t even want to be my friend anymore.

                He gave a small sigh. He had no idea what to do.

                ***

                “KYUHYUNNIE! WAKE UP!” Sungmin screamed and hit Kyuhyun on the head with a pillow, “KYUHYUNNIE TODAY IS OUR LAST DAY AS UNMARRIED MEN! KYU!”

                “Huh?” Kyuhyun asked groggily, getting up, “Oh…happy wedding day…” his head hit the pillow and he started snoring.

                “NO!!!! IT’S TOMORROW! WAKE UP!!!”

                “Can you let me enjoy my last day peacefully?” Kyuhyun snapped. Tears filled Sungmin’s eyes as the full force of what Kyuhyun had said hit him. Apparently Kyuhyun also realized that he had just pretty much shown he didn’t want to marry Sungmin, “Minnie baby…I didn’t mean it like that…”

                Sungmin’s tears spilled, “You don’t want to be with me?”

                Kyuhyun wrapped Sungmin into his arms and caressed his face, “Shh Minnie, I’m sorry. What I meant is that we should just spend this last day before we get married peacefully. Like, sleeping in late, and then we can go have a drink with everyone else.”

                “Not just the two of us?” Sungmin whimpered.

                “Well, from tomorrow onwards it will mostly be just the two of us. So let’s spend this day with our friends.”

                “Okay,” Sungmin agreed, wiping his tears.

                 “Imma go back to sleep now.” Kyuhyun said, he lay back down with Sungmin still in his arms, but he saw Ryeowook’s face instead.

               ***

        Kyuhyun spent that night drinking and talking with Heechul and Siwon, "Hey, Heechuliiiieee, Siwonieeeeee." 

        "Talk with some repsect." Heechul hiccuped. 

        "Respect." Siwon, the only one who wasn't drunk out of the three, corrected him. 

        "Yea, whatever," Kyuhyun said, "If-if you were about to get married, and you started l-liking s-s-someone else, what would you guys d-d-d-do?" 

        Heechul slammed his bottle down on the table, "KILL MY FIANCE!" he roared savagely. 

        "Calm down Heechul." Siwon said soothingly before turning to Kyuhyn, "Why? Don't you love Min anymo-" 

        "DEATH TO THE PEOPLE YOU NO LONGER LOVE!" Heechul shouted, "HEY! ISN'T IT YOUR WEDDING TOMORROW?" he pointed to Kyuhyun, "HEY EVERYONE! KYU IS GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW! TO A BOY! TOO BAD LADIES!" he laughed like a maniac. 

         "YEA! TOO BAD!" Kyuhyun laughed and they gave each other high fives. 

        Siwon sighed, was he really the only one that wasn't drunk here?