"Hey! I'm not that bad!"

"...Come here. You've got some whipped cream on your forehead." Clarissa gives her a confused look and leans forward. "My mistake. It's the sign of the devil."

Clarissa rolls her eyes playfully and goes back to eating her pancakes. "Not my fault I got my temper from dad... When do you think we'll see him again?"

"I'm sure it will be soon, sweetie. You know he won't be able to stay away too long after his last visit."

"...Mom, is something burning?"

"Huh?" Eleanor looks at the oven and quickly gets up. "Oh no, the raspberry pie!"

As Eleanor hurries to the oven, Clarissa complains. "Mom! Wasn't there an agreement to leave the raspberry pie making to dad? You always burn it!"

"I never mean to! It just happens!" Eleanor whines after putting the burnt raspberry pie on the counter. "I don't get it! I follow the recipe and it still comes out burnt!"

"Well, let's be grateful that is the only dessert that you burn." They hear a honking sound from outside. "That's Care and Ari. Gotta go!" She says before kissing her mother's cheek.

"Have a good day today, my little angel!"

"You too!" She says while heading out the front door before coming back. "We're still meeting up at the grill after school, right?"

"Of course! Love you!"

"Love you too!"

Eleanor heads to the police station to talk with her former sister-in-law. The two go into Liz's office.

"Hello, Elizabeth."

"Okay...you're calling me by my full name, so what did I do?"

"What's going on with you and your daughters?"

Liz is silent for a moment before responding. "What do you mean?"

"Liz, I love you but you can't be pushing them away. There's a scowl on Caroline's face and Ariel just looks sad any time you're even mentioned."

"Of course not! I have work-"

"My work doesn't stop me from spending time with my daughter. Is your job more important to you than those girls?"

"No!"

"Then prove it. I know what it's like to be a single parent-"

"You still have a husband, you don't get to see him often but he is still there for you both. But mine is a different story.  My husband left and I had to raise them on my own."

"I can't excuse the things my brother has done but...you weren't alone. Because I was here for you, helping you raise them. Didn't I? Liz...I don't like seeing my nieces being upset about their mother not being there for them... Now I have to get to work. Think about what I said."

Eleanor leaves the office, leaving Liz deep in thought.

After arriving at the school, the three get out of the car and Caroline already begins walking ahead. "Come on! We're juniors now so let's show them who owns this school!"

"Don't the seniors own the school?!" Ariel asks which makes Caroline stop and walks back to them.

"Who are we?"

Clarissa and Ariel give each other confused glances, so Clarissa is the first to speak.

"Umm... You two are sisters and I'm your cousin?"