Chapter 23

Yeji had woken up early in the morning fully energetic, and full spirited. Ready to go through day with a smile and with no worries.

It had been a week and a half since she got the bad news about her conditions. Of course for basic human response to anything that is a associated with the word bad. She felt absolutely terrible. But it didn't fully drag her down, for a lot of things it motivated her to keep herself alive.

So in order to succeed on that. Yeji had to fully adapt to a new lifestyle. That meant adjusting her sleeping schedule and actually having to stick to that schedule, not breaking it. She also had to eat healthy foods, while also taking her prescribed medications.

At first it looked like nothing changed at all. But as the days go by, changes started to happen.

In the past three days, including the morning she's currently having. Since she did feel a lot better in terms of her health. She either missed her medication or even completely ignoring and not taking it.

She had tested it one day and didn't take her medication, and she was absolutely fine. Through the following days leading up to now. Yeji had been pretty well without the medications.

Maybe she'd finally healed. Atleast that's what she believed.

She had been staring outside the window, as a small tint of combination of pink and orange illuminated the dark filled sky. Signifying the rise of the majestic sun. It look beautiful, even though the buildings are covering the view of its rising.

She lets out a sigh. She was absolutely just like a statue, as she stood still leaning on the window frame. Until suddenly she felt a hug from someone.

As Yeji looked back, she smiled. It was non other than Lia.

"Good morning," she said and caressed the smaller girls tiny hands. "How's your sleep?"

Lia let out a small yawn that made her look like a kitten yawning. "I had a great sleep and good morning too."

"Do you want something to drink?"

"No," Lia replied and tightened her hug on the cat eyed girl. "I want to cuddle."

"Your so clingy you know that?"

"Yeah I know, and yet, you still like it."

Yeji chuckled as she freed herself from Lia's hug and then dragging her to the couch. As she sat onto the couch, she pulled Lia towards her and back hugging her. Yeji then placed her head on the smaller girls' shoulder and stayed still.

They had been like this ever since they became official. Constantly giving each other affection. So much that Hyunjin banned them from ever cuddling if he's around their vicinity.

It's cute and all, but the more you see it. The cringey it becomes. And both Yeji and Lia seem to realize it as they just intentionally do it if Hyunjin is near or around them. Annoying and rubbing it in that he's single.

"Lia," Yeji called out for Lia, to which she only responded with a hum. "Let's go out this weekend."

"Go out, as in like a date?."

"Sure, yeah a date."

"You're in your winter break already right?" Yeji asked.

To which Lia simply replied. "Yep."

Since Yeji felt absolutely great, she thought of going out with Lia. Just some bonding time with just the two of them.

They really haven't gotten the time to go out that much. The last time they ever got out was when they were on a car ride back home, which was a few weeks ago. This darn problem of hers have taken a toll of her, sometimes fully immobilizing her. But now that Yeji felt absolutely great. This is the chance to do so.