Chapter 2

"Are you the owner of this shop?"

Lia asked the taller girl in front of her. Confused from the sudden information given to her.

"Yes. Why?" The girl raised an eyebrow as she placed down on what seems to be groceries right beside her.

"Uhm. My sister told me to go here."

"Wait are you the girl who's supposed to live on the extra room?"

"Yes I'm that girl." Lia simply replied emphasizing the word 'that' as she switched the position of her backpack strap from one shoulder to another.

"Well why didn't you say so! Let go in the shop it's quiet cold out here!" The taller girl said as she lifted the plastic bags right beside her and walked passed Lia to unlock the door.

The door then got unlocked as both Lia and the girl entered and stood in the middle of the shop.

"Uhm. May I ask a question?"

The taller girl turned around to face Lia as she placed the plastic bags on the front counter of the shop.

"Sure. Ask away" The girl simply replied.

"I thought a man owned this shop?"

The girl simply smiled towards the smaller girl and leaned her back to the counter.

"It was a man, but not anymore."

Lia furrowed her eyebrows.

"What do you mean? Did something happen to the past owner?"

"No silly. He just moved away to a different place to chase his dream."

The girl chuckled as she combed her hair with her hands.

"Is it ok to ask one more question?"

"Didn't I tell you to ask away? Go on ask anything."

"What's your relationship with the guy and what was his dream?" Lia asked hoping that she's not prying way too much on the girls private life.

"He's my brother Hwang Hyunjin. He left to pursue his music career which is actually doing good." The girl paused and sighed as she tucked her hands inside her pockets. "Before he did leave. He entrusted the flower shop our mother had made to me."

"Uhm, where is your mother?" As the question got brought up. The smile from the girls face changed to a saddened expression.

"She sadly passed away four years ago."

"I'm sorry about that." Lia comforted the taller girl.

"It's all right she's in a much better place now." The taller girl stood up and straightened her body and warmly smiled at Lia.

"Anyway all is good. I'm doing really well while handling the flower shop and my brother is doing well on his own too." The taller girl smiled.

The cat eyed girl might be putting up a facade right now. But Lia saw right through it, she knows the girl has been through a lot. Lia even thought of asking the whereabouts of the taller girls father, but as soon as she saw how the cat eyed girl reacted from the mere mention of her mother. Lia knew not to bring the question up.

"What about you aren't you gonna chase your dreams?"

"That's a question for another time missy, and by the way what's your name?"

"Oh. Uhm. My name is Choi Jisu but you can call me Lia."

"Pleasure to meet you Lia. My name is Yeji, Hwang Yeji."