Chapter 15

The vast black color of the night sky stretched to no end. Clouds were non existent, giving a chance for the sky to do it's wonderful lightshows of glistening stars. The moon rose high, showing off her majestic shine. Illuminating the dim road.

It was as if the curtains have been pulled back revealing the main act behind it, and in this case it was the moon and billions of stars acting as the main act.

In addition. The streetlights stood tall sharing its light in accompaniment to the large ball of light and billions of tiny glistening specks at the night sky.

No noise can be heard except the sounds of some passing cars, and the sound of the tires as it made in contact with the asphalt.

A mellow and a peaceful aura hugged the cat eyed girl as she drove the car down the freeway.

Yeji and Lia had left earlier to what the planned time was. Which shortened the time it would take to arrive to the neighboring town. But, despite leaving early. They still took quiet a long time to get to their destination. Yeji underestimated the amount of time it needed to actually get to the nearby town.

Throughout the ride. The cat eyed girl tried so desperately to stay awake, but the soft and warm embrace of her seat, plus the fact that Lia had plugged her phone to the car stereo to play her music. Made it hard for Yeji to stay awake.

Of course she had to stay awake, and barely awake too as she soon saw the lights of a sign welcoming visitors to the town.

She felt relieved, finally they arrived.

Yeji heaved a sigh of exhaustion. Her head grew heavy and her sight grew dim, and to make it worse, she's also hungry. So she had to stop by a place that offers food.

There she stopped at a nearby twenty-four hours open diner and parked her car close to the entrance of the said diner to shorten the walk to get to it.

Right after parking. She averted her gaze to the sleeping hamster right beside her.

She lightly tapped, well, pressed Lia's soft cheeks. Causing the sleeping girl to slowly open her eyes.

Lia yawned and fixed the position of her body and stretched. "Are we here yet?"

Yeji removed her seatbelt and smiled at Lia. "Yes, but we need to eat first."

Lia only nodded and hummed in response to Yeji as both of them slowly got our the car.

As soon as they entered the diner. The the mouth watering smell of the cooked food inside lingered into Yeji's nose. Such as in particular that caught her noses  attention, are the smell of fried chicken. Just from the smell of the food made Yeji salivate.

Yeji sighed and place her hands inside the pockets of her coat and took the time to scope out the interior of the diner.

The diner wasn't that big. It had a vintage look to it, it looked old but is held up to be on the same level to the current trend with some designs. The walls are painted in an off-white color and a darker toned red line streaming across at the bottom of the walls, it also looked like it had also just been painted new. Some motivational quotes, and the framed certificate of the diner and the full picture of the owner are also hanged to the walls to add more depth to the design of the whole place.

But even if it looked old, the menu was nowhere near the mention old. It had the usual food that people would dig. Such as burgers, the good old fried chicken and everyone's favorite, french fries.

"What do you wanna eat? I'll order for the both of us." Yeji said and yawned.

"Just a burger and add cola too."