Chapter 16

Peaceful sounds of the air-condition in the room she's currently staying on is what is heard. The room is dark, only being lit by the moon's shine as its lights slips through the curtains of the window.

The cat eyed girl curled up on the bed as soon as she got the chance to enter the room. The bed is soft and absolutely relaxing, but her brain had other plans.

When they arrived at Lia's house. They were welcomed by the loving mother of the smaller and her sister. A warm welcome for an unexpected visit, and that was about five hours ago. Now here's Yeji not planning on sleeping.

She'd have this type of problem at times. Where her mind don't seem to coordinate with her body. Everytime she tries to close her eyes, it just shots open.

Yeji looked around and surveyed her surrounding. The room is quite small in comparison to her room back at the flower shop. The only difference was is that there is a sliding glass door for the balcony. In that sliding glass door there is a white curtain that hangs halfway through the whole thing.

She kept staring at that curtain and the door for a few minute, contemplating on whether she should go to the balcony. She eventually did go to the balcony and chose to lean on the railing, just looking at the beautiful display of glistening stars and the brightly lit full moon above.

She let out a deep sighed. She's never experienced something like this. Back at the flower shop it is possible to see the stars, but not the same as this. The stars are all visible, without any building to cover it up. With the chance given, the cat eyed girl chose to cherish the peaceful aura the outside has given.

But a sudden knock on the door interrupted her peaceful star gazing.

Yeji never bothered asking who the person behind the door as she immediately walked back in the room and towards the door and unlocked it.

The door soon opened revealing a much bigger star shining bright. Yeji was frustrated that her peaceful star gazing was interrupted, but it didn't matter as she's now staring at a star which is closer to her.

"Hey, what's up. Why the sudden knock?" Yeji asked as she fully opened the door.

"I can't sleep."

"Same, why don't you come in. Let's star gaze for a moment." Yeji offered, which Lia gladly accepted.

Soon both were standing, leaning at the railing as they stare above, looking at the beautiful and different variety of stars.

"Penny for your thoughts?" The cat eyed girl broke the peaceful silence and asked the smaller girl.

Lia then looked at Yeji and sighed followed by a smile. "It just feel so good to be back here. I missed this place, despite only being gone for a month."

"Mhmm. I can tell, this place seem very cozy and warm. Especially the people inside it."

Yeji's  expression then changed to a saddened expression. The atmosphere of the place as they arrived reminded her back when her mother was still alive. It reminded her how warm the flower shop was. Everytime she gets back from school, a loving smile and embrace from her mother always greets her. Of course her brother is their now which brought back the same feeling, but it just wasn't the same. Every corner of the flower shop reminded her of her mother.

Without her even realizing it. A tear flowed down her face. Lia saw how Yeji was currently crying. So she walked closer to Yeji and gave her a much needed hug.

As Lia hugged Yeji. She felt how warm the smaller girl was, the warmth that she wanted to feel for a long time.

A stream of memory came to Yeji.