Night

[notes

I'M SO SORRY I LOVE YOU ALL I'M JUST SO BAD AT FINISHING STORIES. IM SOOOOO SORRYYYY please forgive me for the long wait guys <3]

As the door opened, George was laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. He looked to the door and saw Dream entering. His heart jumped, happy to see the familiar face. But the look on Dreams face made him worry. He looked like he was about to cry.

George stood up and took an unsure step forward. What was he supposed to do? Should he comfort him? Did the terrorists hurt him? What happened?

"Dream, what's-"

"Can I have a hug?"

"Oh yes, of course", George felt breathless as he quickly closed the distance between him and Dream. Closing his hands around the man's chest, he tried figuring out what had happed. Dream didn't look injured, just tired, unbelievably tired.

George took a shaky breath as Dream started shaking. It took George a few seconds to realize that he was crying. Soothing, George stroke his back. His thoughts were all over the place. Did they torture Dream? Was this – was this the plan? Breaking them mentally? But what for? George would give every information to protect Dream, and the kidnappers knew. Did Dream not want to give information? Maybe regarding his parents?

"I'm sorry, George. I'm so sorry", Dream voice sounded muffled and George felt his neck getting wet from tears.

What did Dream mean?

"Shhhh, You don't need to apologize, Dream. You did nothing wrong."

George seemed to have said the wrong thing, as Dream started crying harder.

"Yes, I did, I'm so sorry - all my fault."

George tried calming him down by stroking his back. What was Dream talking about?

"It's okay, I'm here. Let it all out and then we'll talk..."

Dream slowly calmed down. Taking a step back, George looked at Dream. He did not see any wounds. But Dream had black rings under his red eyes, he looked so done.

"Do you want to take a shower?", George carefully asked. Dream didn't answer, just dried his eyes and scratched his head.

"I want to sleep."

"Okay. I'll brush my teeth, then I'll join you?", George proposed.

Dream just nodded. George cast a worried look to him, he had expected Dream to move.

"You –" "Yeah, I'm gonna wait – like, stay here-"

George felt something in his chest ache, as he grabbed Dreams hand and took him with him to the bathroom. While Dream was sitting on the closed toilet (Closed! Toilet), George brushed his teeth and washed his face with cold water.

Dream stood up and they looked at each other through the mirror.

"Wash your face, Dream", George softly said.

Dream stepped forward and did as George proposed.

Climbing in bed was awkward. Dream obviously needed some love, but was not going to ask for George.

"What happened, Dream?"

Dream just shook his head and turned around to lay on his back.

"Dream, you can tell me. Anything. I promise", George said and concentrated on not getting his thoughts racing, going in directions he didn't want them to be. Dark places. Places where Dream maybe wasn't a good guy who got kidnapped because he was a victim.

Dream shook his head. George slowly reached for his hand, scared that Dream was going to pull away, isolate himself further from George.

George held his breath as he laced his fingers into Dreams.

Dream did not pull away.

George stopped himself from crying as he made himself comfortable next to Dream. Maybe someday, Dream would sit down next to him and tell him everything. Not today though. Today George was happy with the feeling of Dreams fingers in his hand. His beating heart in his chest was a testament to how okay he was with this. George closed his eyes and listening to Dreams shaky breaths, fell asleep.

[notes

another chapter coming in a few day and its gonna be epic. Sorry if this one sounds rough, i need to get back into the flow of the story

Thank you so much for your support!]