You made a mistake

Saturday evening.
George was told to go home and get some sleep. As soon as the computer arrived, he should analyze it to give the detectives possible friends or people who would be willing to negotiate with the terrorists.

He went home around 8 pm using his scooter. As soon as he opened his door, he went for his phone still laying on his bed. He had missed calls form Badboyhalo, a6d, and Skeppy. In their group chat, they all wondered where Dream had been. George wrote "Sorry guys, I don't know any more than you. Getting a bit worried tbh".

Then, he went to his desk and turned on his pc. He grabbed an energy-drink out of the fridge and ignored how tired he was.

Was he really going to hack Dreams PC? Just to see if there had been any activity in the last days? George felt awful. He knew Dream could spend a few days without his phone, but his computer was Dreams proudest possession. He loved watching Videos, editing his own, and spend time on the internet using his pc.

George knew, if Dream was pulling some sort of sick prank on them, he would still be using his computer. He pulled up the program he had been working on for the police and started the process of trying to get a hold of Dream's Computer.

An hour later, he had to admit to himself that it was not going to work. He had tried everything, and knowing Dreams IP-address, there was a lot he could do. But it was as if the computer had been shut down completely, no cords attached, nothing he could use. It wasn't even registered as a possible device in the dorm's WLAN.

Maybe it wasn't possible to access it because of the safety procedures the United States had introduced to stop international hackers trying to get into their local networks. The other option really, was that the computer had simply been completely unplucked. Unlikely, George thought. His stomach started to ache when he thought of the possibility of Dream wanting to completely cut ties with him.

But why would he want to? Dream knew how much George adored him, he had to know after their years of friendship. And he hadn't written their mutual friends either. George was worried. He knew he had to go to bed soon, he had to do a lot of work tomorrow. Working for the police didn't get him as much free time as he would like to have on the weekends.

He got up, he desperately needed a break. He had a headache and needed a shower. Standing under the hot water made him tired. Where did his best friend go? His mind wouldn't shut up about the possibility of Dream being sick, maybe even in the hospital. Maybe something happened, maybe he got sick and couldn't take his phone with him.

Well, the US didn't exactly have the best healthcare system. George realized he never asked if Dream had some sort of medical insurance. To be fair, he had no idea how Dream paid for anything he did. Sure, he made money off coding and his YouTube channel, but not enough to live on his own in a flat. When questioned, Dream didn't answer and changed the topic. George knew his parents covered a lot of his expenses without Dream ever talking about them in a good or loving way.

George knew how Dream felt about them. They usually did not talk about subjects that were too heavy, but Dream had sometimes talked about wanting to get a job, but his parents always stopped him from getting one that wasn't pure hell. George never quite understood what gave Dream's parents the power to control his life as much as they did without ever seeing him.

George felt the panic rise in his chest. Dream couldn't possibly be dead without anyone telling him, could he? Did Dream have his number on a will? Did he even have a will? George certainly had not. He felt tears well up in his eyes and pressed his hands to his head. Blinking, he reached for the shampoo and started to get himself clean. He didn't have time to cry. Dream possibly needed him.

Stepping out of the shower, George looked in the mirror. It was steamed up, and his reflection showed his red eyes. George looked away and concentrated on getting dressed. He had a phone to hack.

Dreams phone wasn't as untraceable as his computer. Hacking it felt strangely familiar, George blamed his emotional state. Which was everything except stable. He couldn't tear his eyes away from the Minecraft logo at the bottom of the screen, so he removed the bar altogether.

This did not get his eyes to go back to a dry state, especially not when he could not locate the damn phone.

His brain slowly but surely stopped working. Desperately trying to stay awake, George opened another Energy Drink. It was gross and after a short burst of energy, he fell asleep on his desk.

He dreamt of Dream, but it was a nightmare (see what I did there).

George was in a dark, small room. He couldn't see anything and it was quiet. The silence was suffocating. He was scared. Suddenly he heard a whisper, echoing off the walls around him, making it impossible to find out where it was coming from.

"George. George... you made a mistake... George, listen to me..."

It was Dream. George stood up, feeling hopeful. Maybe he could help him out of here, his heart started beating faster as he thought of it.

"Listen, George, you made a mistake", Dreams voice grew louder and louder, echoing off the walls, "I trusted you and you made a mistake!", it repeated.

George started to panic, walking backward, he couldn't see anything, the walls were coming closer. Dream sounded so angry, so angry at him.

"Dream, please..."

"George made a mistake! George made a mistake!", Dream screamed at him. The walls were suffocating George, the panic was swallowing him whole. Dreams screams were the only thing he could concentrate on.

[notes

Feedback (from votes to comments) truly means the world to me. Anything would be greatly appreciated!]