31

I park my car into an empty parking lot as I examine the area I am currently in. It's like deserted, it took be about 10 minutes to get where I am from the nearest set of buildings. In total it took me about an hour and a half to get to here from Arden's house.

I'm currently at a large abandoned warehouse that's covered in a large empty land for nearly a mile or two. I have no idea what is the purpose of Arden having this address unless he is selling drugs secretly or doing some other illegal acts.

Maybe he's planning on buying the property so he can have more land of his own.

I shake my head softly clearing my mind from the unwanted thoughts. I don't have time to think too deep into this, it probably isn't as bad as I'm expecting it to be. This is probably just a personal location he branches off too when he wants to be alone.

I'll just call him one more time before I decide to investigate. I pick up my phone from the passenger seat and I dial Arden's number and holding it to my ear shortly after. The call doesn't hesitate to go straight to voicemail so I let out a huge sigh and prepare myself for the worst.

I pull my body out of the car, locking it behind me and making my way towards the front entrance of the warehouse. As soon as I make it around, I notice about three cars lined up outside the front and I quickly pull my hood over my head to vast my identity.

I creep around poking my head in the entrance and I make sight of five guys covered in scars, tattoos and daring facial expressions. They don't look friendly the slightest. One stands before the rest of the four with his arms folded over his chest as he mean mugs someone before him.

I tilt my head to get sight of the people he was staring at and I mentally choke on air as I make sight of Arden and Kylo. They're literally counting hundreds before me. I can't really make out what's really going on but Arden soon hands the guys the loads of cash and the guy quickly examines.

Kylo's expression tenses as the big tatted guy yells loud enough for people to hear him miles away.

"You think this is a fucking joke?!" He growls harshly as the four mean behind him pull out their guns quickly causing me to gasp loudly in shock.

Everyone jerks and turns my way pausing their actions and I feel the heat of the fear rising upon me as I question my decisions in coming here and press my body against the large wall beside me so they wouldn't be aware of my presence.

I hear footsteps coming my way and I immediately regret ever coming here. All hope of finding Arden and leaving back home left within an instant and I was on the verge of having a severe mental breakdown.

Before all hell could break loose within me Arden's next sentence calms me and the angered footsteps.

"Wait, I have about fifty grand in my car, I'll give you all of that to be square. Do we have a deal?" Arden murmurs resulting in a small unrecognizable grunt and low whispers.

Fifty grand? Why would Arden be giving that dick fifty grand? I mean what can be worth that amount of money and what deal are they making??

"Go get it, and don't fuck around on my time. I won't hesitate to put a bullet through your brothers head" The guy responds vainly. I peak my head over from the recent silence and Arden warns the guy straight through his eyes causing Kylo to physically claw open Arden's fist and push him towards the doors exit.

The guy smirks savagely and begins his discussion with Kylo, I can't really make out what they are saying but it seems way less intense than before and somewhat reassuring. Maybe all is well and Arden and Kylo will be safe after all.

Suddenly I feel my body jerk backwards and my back collides with the large wall while a hand is covering my mouth and an index finger covering the owners.

Arden stands before me with his finger painted against his lips as he stares at me with an aggressive worried look. I nod my head in agreement to stay quiet as the guys continue talking.

Arden peaks his head around to make sure they aren't aware of anything than his focus comes straight back to me, his expression changing from worried to pissed.

"What the hell are you doing here Mia?" He growls through a whisper causing me to flinch slightly.

He stares down at me and takes a step back wiping the sweat from his forehead and providing me with space as usual while he groans softly and I remain silent.

"Mia talk to me please. How the hell did you find this place and god why are you here?" He questions again but gently with extra plead.

"I-I was worried about you everyone at work said you haven't been there for like three days and I-I tried calling you but you didn't pick up and I just thought y-you were in some kind of trouble." I ramble with an anxious stutter here and there.

"And you decided it would be best to just look for me all by yourself with the fact still fresh in your brain about me being a fucking unsafe guy?!" He raises his voice a little but quickly calms himself.

I watch his body movement as he disconnects our eye contact and paces around but still being cautious of the men in the warehouse.

"Kelli and Ethan were busy and lately you've been acting strange and I wanted to make sure you weren't in any danger Arden." I state, my eyes following his every movement.

His stops in place and turns to stare deeply at me, examining every inch of me causing me to fluster quickly but he soon meets my eyes again.

"Look at you. you're the one in danger here! These guys are not to be fucked with and you showing up like this is fucking delusional. I mean anything could happen to you Mia, do you even have protection?" He questions, looking at me intently. I shake my head shamefully and he sighs wiping the clear anxious sweat from his face.

"You need to leave now" he says grabbing me to pull me towards the way of my car.

"No Arden" I say slapping his hands from my waist, "I can't until I know you two are okay and nothing fucked up will happen" I say folding my arms over my chest.

He doesn't look away, he just stares at me, his eyes laced with pity. I knew there was no doubt Arden wanted to believe they'd leave home without any problems tonight but he knew he wouldn't be sure until it happens.

"I can't promise you that. But all I know is I will not lose my life tonight and neither will you" he says attempting to guide me again but soon stops when he sees the fear and tears threatening my eyes.

"Arden what the fuck is going on-why would their be a possibility of us losing our lives? Who are those guys?" I question wiping my eyes with my sleeves before they leave my eyes.

Arden frowns at me but doesn't say a word leaving me confused with not enough information. Arden has been acting strange lately and part of me feels like I'm fully responsible but another part of me realizes there is still a part to Arden I'm not fully educated on.

He's had things happen to him in his past, both him and Kylo. Maybe this is it. This is apart of the things he's had in his past that he's trying to get rid of, the things that's been holding both of them back from a healthy relationship and friendship with anyone.

I just wonder why does this all result in losing so much money and possibly a life, why are these guys so dangerous and why are Arden and Kylo making deals with dangerous men?