And in come the big guns

A week earlier

Elena's pov:

"Elena." Jeremy walked into the living room where the kids were napping. Clayton was out on a food run, hopping he'd be back before the kids figured out we were lacking.

"Yeah Jeremy?" I turned my head to look at Jeremy over the couch.
"I need you to look at something." He walked away. Me instantly following. In the dinning room Jeremy had his laptop set up with a lot of papers scattered around.
"What's this mess all about?" I asked with a small twist in my voice to point out its a joke.
Jeremy gave a small chuckle that no one could've possibly heard. Smiling a bit he sat down and dug out a folder from under a pile of others. "We have a slight problem," he slid the paper in front of me.

On opening it I was hit with dread. "We've dealt with this. Five years ago!"
"Yes but it seems that, in fact, this is a mutt." He tapped the picture in front of me. Outside was the sound of an engine. Clayton. He wouldn't be happy about this.
"We go and get them and kill them?" I asked Jeremy seeming it normal.
"Not this time Elena." Those words were what I was dreading. "Bring them back here, alive and on our side." I nodded and left.

Just wait until Clayton hears this.