Encounter

Walking to work I felt a little ripple go down my spine every now and then. It felt like someone was watching, following me.

I shook off the feeling, no one would follow me, it's not like I'm pretty of anything. I'm a big girl and my natural face is a frown so no one would try to steal from me. They'd get hurt.

I turned my attention back to my music and started scrolling through my playlist. I never put my music on shuffle, I'm to picky.

After crossing the street I saw something move fast past my feet. "Skink!" I quickly grabbed for it, picking it up by the side of its head. It instantly tried to bite me, missing. "You're a smart little guy aren't ya?" I carried it with me for my walk letting it go before the wildlife stopped.

I let out a low growl just thinking that I'm a mere 5 minutes until having to work. Waiting for the lights to change I looked around. I saw two cars in the drop off zone about ten metres away. A small Nissan and a car I've never seen before.

When people are at the drop off zone for more than 3 minutes it gets on my nerves, I don't know why it's so annoying. When I was younger I couldn't do anything because my parents wanted to raise me as 'polite'. Which didn't do much.

It took my 10 minutes to get to the entrance because it was peek traffic hour. But when I got there there the mystery car was still there. No. No no no. I walked up to the car a knocked lightly on the window. I thought it was the passenger side door, obviously not. A young looking blonde woman rolled down the window, "May I help you?" She gave me a big smile. 'Alright not a total dolt and American it seems' I thought to myself.

"Sorry to bother you, but this zone is only for a max of 5 minutes. I just don't want you to get a ticket for being here to long." I smiled at her doing what my mother always told me. 'Being polite always makes it easier to deal with people.'

"Oh really?" Her face turned to surprise as she started fiddling with the car controls. "Thanks for telling us we'll leave now."

Before they left I smelt the weird smell from the other night. The woman noticed me sniffing the air and gave me a look. "OH! Sorry I have a weird sense of smell and I smelt something weird." I gave a smile and went to leave. As I walked away I heard a scoff. I turned and saw a man that I somehow missed. He was one of those people classified as 'good looking'. Actually the girl would be in that category too.

The man was looking at me giving a small glare to me. I growled at him that seemed to anger him.
"Know your place American." I hissed at him before leaving.