Our Secret

-Merlin-

     "I have magic. And so do you." That was it. He said it. He had told someone his secret. A secret not even Arthur was aware of. He could only hope for the best now.

     Merlin watched Morgana's reaction, calm and collected, she simply looked down and nodded. "I knew about me," She stated, "I just didn't know about you." She brought her head up, waiting for a comment, or a demonstration of his ability. He did none of . Instead, he sighed and closed his eyes, seemingly nervous, knowing he was vulnerable. "Morgana," he started, "Gwen," he continued, glancing at her, "I trust you both very much." His breaths became uneven, "I sincerely hope you can keep my secret. As I will do for you." He finished, looking at Morgana. 

     "Of course Merlin." Said Gwen, simple worry drawn across her face. This was a lot of stress on her, knowing both of her friends had magic.  "You're not scared?" He asked, a bit hesitant. "No. You see, Morgana has already told me," Merlin felt his eyebrows raise in surprise, "and I would not need to be. I also trust you two, I know there is nothing you could do to hurt me." At that last sentence she looked back at the princess, who in returned smiled. 

-Gwen- 

     This was partly true. She now understood she was never afraid of magic, but of the consequences it would bring. She was scared for Morgana, and now she was also scared for Merlin. She began to fall deep into thought, partly aware of the other two's conversation. 

     "-if he finds out, okay." Finished Morgana. Merlin nodded. Back into reality, Gwen began to question their plan, "Who? What-" the two laughed, "If Uther finds out." They explained. She dreaded the thought, and was uncomfortable enough that it was visible. Merlin and Morgana knew to stop joking of it. Still, she knew that they would have to tackle the issue sooner or later. It was Uther's kingdom, he had become powerful and extreme enough to go to any means necessary. Magic was outlawed for a reason, even if it wasn't fair. 

     "So what are we going to do now?" Morgana asked, her voice still trembled at times. Merlin sighed once again, thinking, "Well, now that you know, you must make sure you are at peace with it. With yourself." He looked at her in expectation.

    She only stood and walked over to the window. Her expression showed nothing, no emotion whatsoever. After a considerable amount of silence she finally spoke, "I believe I will need time to think about it," she turned and smiled solemnly at Merlin, "I will look for you once I've finally understood. Thank you Merlin." He nodded, taking this as his cue to leave. 

     When the door shut, Gwen went over to the window, joining her in her distress. "What do you really need to figure out Morgana?" She asked, a bit suspicious. "Only what I cannot do."  She put simply. 

     Gwen also took this as a sign to leave. Sadly she couldn't be with the lady at all times, and Morgana seemed suddenly distant. Gwen could only hope she would use her time alone to really figure out what to do with herself. Magic became a part of her like a twist of an ankle, quick and painful. This didn't mean she wouldn't heal, and she would have to learn how to deal with her abilities. Gwen thought Merlin could help with that, since he too was a sorcerer, and apparently had been since the day they met him. 

     Oh yes. Merlin was a sorcerer. She would have to speak to him soon, as of instantly.

-Arthur-

     The prince had been at every corner of the castle, at every hole, at every forgotten or forbidden chamber. He had even searched Gaius' work area, he personally looked through Merlin's room, a bit embarrassed of course, but he did. 

     Yet, no ounce, nor tick, nor the littlest trace of magic could be found. There was no evidence to suggest it had even been sorcery, only what hadn't been found. If there was no possible way that anyone could have trespassed into Morgana's chambers, then surely it must be what explains the inexplicable, correct? He tried to convince himself so, for the sake of his sanity, for the sake of his father. He couldn't bring himself to confront the king, though it would be for the best, him and the kingdom. He only sighed and revisited the places of his search.

     By afternoon he was exhausted. All his men seemingly out of strength, he called off the search, and was getting ready to meet the wrath of his father. "You did what exactly?" Uther's asked calmly, at first. "I sent my men to rest, we've been looking all day, it's almost evening." Arthur stated evenly, his eyes finding the floor, he knew what was coming. "What did I tell you?" The king began raising his voice, "You are to arrest all those under suspicion! Not even the servants can be trusted!" Arthur flinched slightly at his father's last comment. He knew Uther was talking about Gwen.

     He specifically chose to ignore that. No matter what his father could dare to say, Arthur would trust her with his own life, and he could only say that about few people. Nevertheless, he would never incriminate her without solid evidence, and even then he would grow skeptical.

     "Get your men back out there, search again! Don't come back until you've found something." He continued. " Arthur slighty raised his head to take a glance at his raging king. There was burning hatred, that was all he could see. This was deeper than Morgan's attack, he was more desperate to find a culprit than to tend to her well being.

      At each thought the prince grew hotter with anger. Every word from the king became piercing, and his frustration grew larger. "Yes father." He then headed out.

      "We heard, Arthur, it's not your fault. Besides, we understand the urgency, lady Morgana was attacked after all." Leon patted his shoulder, awkwardly offering a sort of comfort. "Thank you." He responded softly. The knight nodded, urging the others to move along with simple hand gestures, and walking on himself. "I think you should rest, you have been nonstop since morning." He commented, picking up his pace. "Leon wait," the mentioned raised an eyebrow, "let the knights take turns, shifts if you will. Don't tire them too much." With a quick nod, they both went separate ways.