027

! chapter twenty-seven !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

"PROFESSOR, WHAT IF IT'S the same thing that's happened to Harry? What if why I feel this way is because Voldemort and I are somehow connected? I mean, Harry was completely fueled by anger all of last year." Haven stared expectedly at the headmaster in front of her, her palms sweating. It wasn't like she wanted to be connected to Voldemort, but at the same time, she saw herself acting the way Harry had been the previous year. She was worried.

Dumbledore paced around his office, his robes dragging on the floor behind him as he put a thoughtful finger to his chin. "I'm not sure, if I'm being honest, Haven. Have you experienced any visions, dreams, like the ones your brother described?"

"Well," she faltered. "No, I haven't."

Dumbledore sighed. "Haven, I think you should stop trying to make your life so difficult. You're lucky you're not connected to Voldemort the way your brother is. I understand you hate being in his shadows, but pretending to be in the same boat as him is simply—"

"Screw you," Haven sneered before she realized what she was saying, cutting him off and pushing herself up. Dumbledore called after her, but she ignored him as she walked out of the room, and back into the hallway. She couldn't believe the absolute rubbish that was spewing from the headmaster's mouth. He genuinely thought she was doing it to get attention? Completely barbaric, if she were being honest. Why would Haven make something like that up? The anger she felt majority of the time was overwhelming, and it scared her. She went to the only person who she thought would understand, and he didn't even believe her.

She shook her thoughts away as she stepped into Snape's classroom, and all eyes turned to her once she stepped inside. "Care to explain why you're late, Miss Potter?" Snape questioned, and she resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"I had a run in with Dumbledore," she answered dryly.

He pointed to her seat, which was obviously empty. Malory, however, wasn't in the chair next to hers like she usually was. Her eyes darted around the room, and landed on Malory who was sat beside Harry. The two of them quickly looked away once they realized they'd been caught staring, and she felt her stomach drop once they started to whisper. Snape watched her expectedly, nodding his head, gesturing for her to sit down. She was surprised he hadn't made a bigger deal out of it, this was Snape she was talking about. He hated the Potter twins. But lately he'd been somewhat nice to Haven, she couldn't figure out why.

Haven slouched in her chair, biting her lip so she didn't just burst out into tears. How did she manage to not only lose Malory, but lose her brother too? But then she remembered what he'd done only a day ago, and she didn't feel as sad anymore. He didn't deserve any of her energy, so instead of shooting a glare in his direction, Haven paid attention to the lesson instead. Tried to, at least. Her mind raced with different thoughts; Draco's wellbeing, her anger, the upcoming war.