007

! chapter seven !

! chapter seven !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

WINTER HAD ARRIVED AT Hogwarts, and Haven had to admit that it was her favorite season. She loved everything about it. Christmas, snow, and being able to wear a jumper without anyone questioning it. She stuffed her hands into her pockets as she walked with the others.

"This is mad!" Harry protested as the four of them made their way to a shop in Hogsmaede. "Who'd wanna be taught by me? I'm a nutter, remember?"

"Look on the bright side," Ron said. "You can't be any worse than old toad face."

"To be fair," Haven cut in. "I don't think anyone could be."

"Reassuring, Haven, Ron, really. Thank you."

"Anytime," she replied with a grin.

Harry sighed. "Who's supposed to be meeting us then?"

Hermione swung the door open, and they stepped inside. Haven was honestly surprised when she saw so many familiar faces sitting inside. Awkwardly, the four of them walked to the front of the room. Haven pretended not to notice all of the people staring at her as she stepped around them.

"Um, hi," Hermione started, a little nervously. "So you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who's had real experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts."

"Why?" One of the boys asked.

"Why?" Ron repeated. "Because You-Know-Who is back you tosspot."

"So he says."

"So Dumbledore says," Hermione corrected.

"So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is, where's the proof?"

"Was Cedric's death not enough proof for you?" Haven suddenly snapped, and her eyes widened at the anger that had taken over her. Swallowing, she slouched back into her chair.

"Well," Another boy muttered. "If Harry could tell us about more of his death..."

"I'm not going to talk about Cedric," Harry announced, standing up. "So if that's why you're here, clear out now." He turned to whisper to Hermione. "Come on, they're here because they think I'm some sort of freak."

"Is it true that you can produce the Patronus Charm?" Luna's voice asked from the crowd. Haven offered her a small, grateful grin, which the blonde returned.

"Yes," Hermione answered when Harry didn't say anything. "I've seen it."

"Blimey, Harry," Dean mused. "Didn't know you could do that."

"And he killed a basilisk with the sword from Dumbledore's office."

Harry glanced over to Haven. "Well, I can't take all the credit for that one. I had some help."