Chapter 21: Adopted

America

I woke up the next morning, I still felt sore from giving birth. I got up and walked over to a midwife. "Umm..excuse me?"

The midwife turned to look at me. "Yes, how can I help you, sir?"

"I want to see my babies. Could you take me to them, please?" They nodded and started leading me to a room.

They opened the door and pointed me to where they are. I walked in and approached the cribs that my babies were in.

I looked at them. Viktor was looking at me and laughing while his sister was fast asleep. Toby was making grabby hands so I picked him up.

"Hey there little one." I kissed his forehead lovingly. He reached up and grabbed my nose. I let out a weird laugh, because he was holding my nose.

This caused Toby to giggle. Toby's giggling woke up Khristina, whose immediate response to being woken up is to cry. I set Toby back down and pick up Khristina. 

I gently start to rock her in my arms while whispering a lullaby. She starts calming down right as the nursery door opens. I turn to see Russia and the Administrator.

Russia smiles when he notices Khristina in my arms. He walks up to me, looking down at our baby girl. Viktor starts crying, his crying caused Toby to cry.

Russia scooped both of them up and started trying to calm them down. Viktor was happy as soon as Russia picked him up but Toby kept crying.

Toby reached for me so I took him from Russia. Toby started laughing again. Russia made a sad face. "Why does he not like me?"

"Aww Russki, I'm sure he loves you. Viktor certainly seems to love you." I point to Viktor, who is sucking on Russia's finger.

"Cute babies." He hugged Viktor while smiling widely. 

I looked towards the Administrator to see her talking to a doctor so I listened in.

"Ok, Miss Janet, the babies and America are healthy enough to go home." The midwife stated. I was excited that I could go home but also confused.

The Administrator's name was Janet? Why didn't I know that sooner?

Janet walked back over to use and looked at the three babies. Khristina looked at her in confusion and Toby just smiled at her.

"So can America and the babies come home?" Russia asked while stepping close to me. Janet nodded and started leading Russia and I to the exit.

We got into the car, I was careful not to disrupt the sleeping babies in my arms. Viktor was wide awake and was playing with Russia's hand.

"Ok, we're here. You guys put the babies to sleep and come back downstairs. There's something I want to discuss with you." Russia and I nodded, I was curious as to what it was.

Once inside, we went upstairs to put the kids to sleep. I laid Toby and Khristina down in the crib while pulling the blankets over them. 

Russia had more difficulty with Viktor. He tried everything but Viktor wouldn't budge. I walk over to help him. I started rocking the crib while singing a lullaby my mom used to sing to me before she died.