Chapter 19: Kicks, Genders, and Names

America

Five weeks went by. Not much happened in those weeks. But now it looked like a fucking balloon was growing in my stomach. I was so uncomfortable with the size of my belly.

I sat in front of the mirror, looking at my round belly. Russia was laying on the bed, probably looking at his phone. "I'm ugly.."

Russia snapped his head up to look at me. "No you're not. Don't say that."

I turn to face him. "Look at me Rus! I'm fat.."

"It's just the babies. You're not fat or ugly. You're beautiful and perfect." Russia walked up to me.

I look down, not wanting to look at him. "Really?"

"Yes, of course." He pulled me into a hug. I didn't want to hug back, but I couldn't resist.

Rus stopped hugging me and smiled. I smiled back until I suddenly felt a pain in my stomach. It felt like someone had kicked me in the ribs. Suddenly, I knew exactly what it was.

The babies had kicked.

Russia noticed my pained expression and instantly started asking if I was ok. I beamed at him. "The babies kicked."

"What?! Really?!" His eyes lit up and a wide smile formed on his face. "Can I feel?"

I grinned at him and nodded. Russia placed his hand on my stomach and moved it around, trying to locate the spot where they kicked.

I felt the kicking and so did Russia. He kept his hand in place, clearly fascinated by the movement. "Russia, I don't think they like your hand pressing down on them."

Rus moved his hand almost immediately while apologizing. I chuckled. Yep, he was going to be a good dad.

Russia moved his head towards my stomach and rested his ear against it. I guess he was trying to hear the movement? Another kick, Russia moved away while laughing and I couldn't help but smile at his response.

"I'm so happy! I want to feel it again." He moved his hands towards my belly but I smacked them away.

"No, that's enough. I don't think they like it." Russia looked down in disappointment, obviously trying to make me feel bad. "Nope, not gonna work."

"Aww please?" I shook my head and left the room, Russia following close behind while still begging.

I walked all the way to the living room with Russia like that. Ukraine, who was sitting on the couch, looked up at us. "What is Russia begging you for?"

"He wants to feel my stomach."

"Why?" She sat back so that she could look at us while being comfortable.

"Babies kicked and I want to feel it." Russia whined trying to touch it again but I smacked his hands once more.

"Really? Can I feel?" She got up and walked up to us.

"Of course!" I let her touch my belly.

Russia growled as Ukraine placed her hand on my stomach. "How come she gets to?!"